Bilbo eating out of my hand

Kristen Bell Awww GIF
Congrats!!!

They are quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I’ve actually added a female Jackson’s to my ‘wish list’ because I’d like to experience their personality as well.
it seems like everyone overlooks the females because of their color. If you ask me, they have the sweetest personalities. The boys are out to prove how big and bad they are.

it seems like everyone overlooks the females because of their color. If you ask me, they have the sweetest personalities. The boys are out to prove how big and bad they are.
Agreed. The female are overlooked. I’d really love one though. I’m going to keep my eye out for a CB once my reptile room is done so I can stop overtaking my house with all my chameleon and bug stuff

O
They’re extremely gentle and precise shooters. The amount of force is pinpoint and nothing like any cham so far in my possession. For 95% of the time I’m feeding my Jackson this way. He just likes to be hand fed.
Oh I love that! I would love it if my guy were the same. No expectations though.

He’ll, just keep offering him hand feeding and he’s all yours 😆
Yay!!! I've only been doing it ever few days because I don't want to stress him. I'm trying to pay close attention to his body language knowing they are more subtle. Once I notice he seems to be disinterested or nervous of me I back off with the hand feeding. Yesterday he ate out of my hand 3 times. Today was only once.

I'll give him a break now for a few more days before I try again.

Yay!!! I've only been doing it ever few days because I don't want to stress him. I'm trying to pay close attention to his body language knowing they are more subtle. Once I notice he seems to be disinterested or nervous of me I back off with the hand feeding. Yesterday he ate out of my hand 3 times. Today was only once.

I'll give him a break now for a few more days before I try again.
Good approach! I need to confess Sonny was an almost adult rescue, which came free roaming in the car with me to his new home. There he went from stressful tiny unplanted glass enclosure to a large free range setup and the first feeder I offered him was a locust by hand. Free ranging will stimulate this behavior because you need to open a door and enter their physical territory.

Back
Top Bottom