BIG DRIPPER or LITTLE DRIPPER with MIST KING?

CC's Baby

Avid Member
I will be receiving a 2x2x4 cage and will be covering 3 sides with marine gauge vinyl and backdrop. With the live plants I put in , pothos, do you think the Big Dripper with 2 spouts would be better than the Little Dripper with 1 spout?

I got both the little and the big. The big one is really heavy if full. I couldn’t put in a shelf above my enclosure because the landlord won’t allow it. So I ran the big one but didn’t fill it as full to reduce weight.

well make a pros and cons list and see which appeals to you most, either will be fine for your cham

What may make your decision is how often would you be able to refill it each day. Obviously the smaller capacity won't run as long. If you also use the misting system any dripper will sort of be extra insurance, not essential.

What may make your decision is how often would you be able to refill it each day. Obviously the smaller capacity won't run as long. If you also use the misting system any dripper will sort of be extra insurance, not essential.
Thats a good thought. I work from 8-5 so I need a system that can run itself during the day so maybe the combination of both will be the way to go.

Thats a good thought. I work from 8-5 so I need a system that can run itself during the day so maybe the combination of both will be the way to go.
In my experience my little dripper usually lasted about ten hours. I'd use it only when I was gone and wouldn't refill it after returning home from work. Since I've gotten my mist king I've noticed no signs of dehydration and no longer use a dripper.

In my experience my little dripper usually lasted about ten hours. I'd use it only when I was gone and wouldn't refill it after returning home from work. Since I've gotten my mist king I've noticed no signs of dehydration and no longer use a dripper.
That is great. I may add another little dripper if I need to but we will see. I ended up ordering the monsoon multi instead because it comes with 2 nozzles and extra tubing and the pricing was better. I will see how it works. If it does not do well, I will probably resort to switch to the Mist King.

UPDATE -- ordered the MOnsoon Multi instead with 2 gallon resevoir and 2 nozzle system. Price point better and no additional things to purchase as of yet. The mist king starter would have made me purchase another nozzle (which I prefer) and extra tubing. So we will see if the Monsoon works well or not.

Okay -- Continuing this thread -- I am trying to get this all right in my head as my set up is being done this weekend. For the Misting System, to get my humidity levels up at night, when should I start running the misting system during the day and how often. Does the system need to have run its daily misting BEFORE the lights go out for bedtime? How often in between do I run misting, how many times, for how long? and does the timing of this have a lot to do with the humidity going up. I understand my humidity levels need to be at 90% at night (this is after lights are out I am assuming) and do I keep the little dripper going during night? Just want to make sure I understand how and when in order to get the best temp and levels. Also -- where is the best spot in the cage to put my humidity monitor? I know that is a lot but I would like some input on here so I set it right from the get go.

Back
Top Bottom