Best worms

Ekproject

In peoples opinions what are the best worms for chameleons. I know meal worms are bad. And i know a variety is good and i believe they are used more as a treat. But what are the best ones as far as nutrition goes. Or which ones do your chameleons like most?

Supers, silks, hornworms, butterworms in no particular order. Though the best is a mix of all of them given in appropriate amounts.

silk worms are pretty amazing, all my guys readily take them, even my people-hating veiled will forget how much he hates me and will hand feed when i have them....i remember hearing that they CAN be used as a daily feeder but i dont know for sure, they might be too fattening to be a daily feeder...

Since when are silkies fattening? You should watch out for waxworms if anything! All the worms I listed can be used regularly in a chameleons diet. Be warned though, supers can be addicting.

Thank you very much. I give them crickets as their main meal and dont plan to change that. And i buy different worms every now and again. But wasnt sure if there are ones that are exceptionally better.

Since when are silkies fattening? You should watch out for waxworms if anything! All the worms I listed can be used regularly in a chameleons diet. Be warned though, supers can be addicting.

thanks for the confirmation! i was unsure of how fattening silkies were! just did a little more research...
Silkies are great! I bought 500 eggs over a year ago and have been able to get several generations of silkies out of it, continuing to this day! just need to find a mulberry tree, i have to buy the chow...

Back
Top Bottom