Best way ?

I always introduce the male into the female's enclosure....I do this with all of the species I work with.

But, I don't just put the male in and close the door. Usually, I will hold the male up where the female can see him. You can get a pretty good initial idea if she is going to be receptive or not. Then, depending on her reaction, I will place him inside. Sometimes, the female may react harshly at first but calm down. So it is better to let him perch for a couple of minutes if she does react harshly. She may calm and let him breed.

I always introduce the male into the female's enclosure....I do this with all of the species I work with.

But, I don't just put the male in and close the door. Usually, I will hold the male up where the female can see him. You can get a pretty good initial idea if she is going to be receptive or not. Then, depending on her reaction, I will place him inside. Sometimes, the female may react harshly at first but calm down. So it is better to let him perch for a couple of minutes if she does react harshly. She may calm and let him breed.
Joel, I do the same thing only with the opposite sex. I hold the female outside the male's cage to judge her reaction. LOL If she's good to go I put her in his cage and leave the door open and am ready to intercede if needed.

Back
Top Bottom