best thermometer and hygrometer?

I dont know about anyone else, but I have found any of the ones I get from the pet store end up being junk and either break easily or stop working not long after purchase...
I now just get cheap digital ones from a hardware store such as Home Depot or Canadian Tire.. I have 3, and they all show the same numbers (+/- 0.1-0.3). So far they have lasted a lot longer than my expensive flimsy pet store ones..

I love my Extech RH520A.

They run for like $300-$400... BUT.... BUT.... You can occasionally find them on ebay for like $75.. I think I got mine for $64. I've been using it for two years. Changing settings can be confusing, but its an order of magnitude better than ones you can buy for reptiles anywhere. It logs the data and you can even download it. Wayyyy overkill, but wait till you can see a graph of your tanks humidity and you'll change your mind.

P1130645.jpg

I dont know about anyone else, but I have found any of the ones I get from the pet store end up being junk and either break easily or stop working not long after purchase...
I now just get cheap digital ones from a hardware store such as Home Depot or Canadian Tire.. I have 3, and they all show the same numbers (+/- 0.1-0.3). So far they have lasted a lot longer than my expensive flimsy pet store ones..

Totally agree regards the pet shop/reptile ones.
I now use ones made for human applications, i.e fridge/freezer models.

Back
Top Bottom