best snake hook?

PabloTheCham

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hey guys,
I like to go out and catch snakes, and have found myself in the need of a snake hook to handle venomous snakes, such as rattlesnakes, which are incredibly numerous. i am looking for a COLLAPSIBLE snake hook, it doesn't have to be too long. I don't want to catch any big snakes, mainly juvenile rattlers and gophers. What's your favorite collapsible snake hook? I have bought the zoomed one, and it is broken after a day.

Midwest tongs.

Neither they nor I am liable if you get bit trying to handle these animals.

Also hope you can afford at least 120,000 or more to cover the costs of anti venom if your bitten by a rattlesnake. As bites arent often aren't insured.

Midwest tongs.

Neither they nor I am liable if you get bit trying to handle these animals.

Also hope you can afford at least 120,000 or more to cover the costs of anti venom if your bitten by a rattlesnake. As bites arent often aren't insured.
I already have been tagged by a WDB rattler. 200K hospital costs XD. I already checked them out, didn't buy from them because it was expensive and because it says to not use it to flip debris. Do you have any other options by any chance?

Last edited:
I've owned afew Bugsrayhooks, ridged hooks were my favorite, I also always carried a pinning one at all times. I would never carry another collapsible ever unless it's a non venomous. I had one decide to collapse while I had a Mohave Green on the other end, I just missed being hit. You'll get to comfortable and trusting with it and you'll use it as a pinner then surprise, it retracts and your hand,,arm,face will be in striking range. Pissed my pants :/ hearing you say one broke on you should give you an indication of how shitty they are. Repeat only use a collapsible and a non-venomous. Even the professionals have issues with a collapsible at sometime, so why risk it.
Never use one!! Or you'll pay the price. I had a Cape Corbra for afew years and really enjoyed him. My favorite was a Rattle snake that a friend de-sacked. Made him non poisonous and his name was shaky Jake. Many makers,,, even homemade, stick with a ridged always... can't go wrong and if needed you can use it as a rock flipper etc if your in the field.

Last edited:
I already have been tagged by a WDB rattler. 200K hospital costs XD. I already checked them out, didn't buy from them because it was expensive and because it says to not use it to flip debris. Do you have any other options by any chance?

Sadly no, they are regarded as the best by several people I trust.

I had a Cape Corbra for afew years and really enjoyed him

you really are a crackhead.... At least we got that in common. :ROFLMAO: . The reason I want a collapsible hook is because they are more portable for walking around. I don't want to walk around with a big pole on my back, especially since I don't intend on pinning a snake with it... That's not what they are for. Some hooks are for pinning, and some from handling. it usually even specifies it in the description. Anyways, I usually get the snake to go on the hook, then I grab its tail, I never head the snake. I'm just too paranoid the snake will turn around and tag me when letting it go. For some reason the aforementioned technique from before work better for me.

Last edited:
Go to Home Depot or hardware store and buy a 1/4 rebar etc and heat the end and bend tape handle and your set. Use as walking stick and snake hook. Retractable will repeat be shit. If you want a cheap good one do as I recommend ;) be safe

Back
Top Bottom