Best single plant for an enclosure

Just one? Pothos. Simple, safe, hard to kill and branches grow as vines that can be draped throughout the enclosure and will support a veiled. My original pothos from more than 10 years ago has been divided and is now about 15 plants.
How quickly will the vines grow? There were a few at the greenhouse I went to with a couple of vines already about 12" long but was hoping to be able to fill out the cage relatively quick. I'll have plenty of fake leaves and vines for the veiled as well but wanted to make sure he also had a nice full natural cage too.

Pothos is a relatively fast grower. Like most plants it will take some time to establish roots. Don't expect a jungle in a week but will establish faster than most plants. Growth rate depends on the amount of moisture and nutrients in the soil, it does not need too much light - indirect sunlight or grow lights are fine.

Pothos is a relatively fast grower. Like most plants it will take some time to establish roots. Don't expect a jungle in a week but will establish faster than most plants. Growth rate depends on the amount of moisture and nutrients in the soil, it does not need too much light - indirect sunlight or grow lights are fine.
I'll be making my soil per the Bio Active blog (so 1 part each of repti bark, moss, sand, etc). But I will not be doing fully bioactive with bugs and such living in the soil/dying and providing soil nutrients.

Is there a chameleon safe soil additive to use for providing nutrients for plants?

hard to kill and branches grow as vines that can be draped throughout the enclosure and will support a veiled
Oh yeah, I added a grow light and my female veileds enclosure is totally run on just one pothos! Thats the only live plant thats in the cage (excluding air plants) and it can be draped and gives plenty of foliage. It is starting to happen with my other pothos' but just not as much as this one. A whole cage on just one pothos!

Attachments

• IMG_5389.jpeg
    IMG_5389.jpeg
    318.2 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom