Best plant light?

xxaprilrose

Established Member
Okay so since im upgrading my cham enclosures i figured id get a better plant light since i currently use led bars. Plants grow but not doing the best. I need something thatll rest on the top of the cage as i got the zen habitats stacker to hide all the lights. Also needs to be 48 inches to span accross both enclosures. Id prefer an amazon link but if not thats fine.

I am really impressed with the jungle dawn LED bar I just got. You might look into that option. I know others use sansi as well.
do they have 48 inch? i think im only finding 32 inch. would that still be ok going accross 48 inches?

do they have 48 inch? i think im only finding 32 inch. would that still be ok going accross 48 inches?
So it looks like the largest they make is a 34 inch. I have this one on a 30 inch wide cage and it puts out some serious lighting. I personally think you could have it half on each enclosure.

Let me tag some other people as well that use this one or use sansi. Give you some more options and feedback.

@Sonny13 @MissSkittles @snitz427

I’ve all four the lengths and using the 34”together with the 11.5” for my 60” enclosure and it’s massive light. The whole enclosure, which is also 60” in height, is lid up and all plants throughout the enclosure grow and bloom like weed. I agree with @Beman, the 34” will be sufficient enough for your 48” enclosure. That light bar is IMHO worth every cent.

Only do a good check on the internet for the best price, prices fluctuate immensely.

No offense to jungle dawn and Arcadia, but have not been impressed with the light output for the cost. I use two 70 watt sansis on top of my Chameleon enclosures and the light output is huge. Enough to easily grow my ficus alii trees into bushy beasts.

No offense to jungle dawn and Arcadia, but have not been impressed with the light output for the cost. I use two 70 watt sansis on top of my Chameleon enclosures and the light output is huge. Enough to easily grow my ficus alii trees into bushy beasts.
I don’t have any references other then the jungle dawn and some flood led spots. But, I’m already impressed with the jungle dawn and price wise I belief they’re cheaper overhere then in the states.
Have you also compared it with an equal wattage output sansis? Just out of curiosity. Because 70 watt is already 40% more power output then the strongest jungle dawn.
Definitely wanna try Sansis one day

I don’t have any references other then the jungle dawn and some flood led spots. But, I’m already impressed with the jungle dawn and price wise I belief they’re cheaper overhere then in the states.
Have you also compared it with an equal wattage output sansis? Just out of curiosity. Because 70 watt is already 40% more power output then the strongest jungle dawn.
Definitely wanna try Sansis one day
I have not compared side by side… but I was very interested in them foe the ability to daisy chain as with my arcadia uvb lights.

A friend has two of the led bars that can be daisy chained and the output is very underwhelming for the expense (around $180 usd last I checked)

Okay so since im upgrading my cham enclosures i figured id get a better plant light since i currently use led bars. Plants grow but not doing the best. I need something thatll rest on the top of the cage as i got the zen habitats stacker to hide all the lights. Also needs to be 48 inches to span accross both enclosures. Id prefer an amazon link but if not thats fine.
Go to Sansi site

I have not compared side by side… but I was very interested in them foe the ability to daisy chain as with my arcadia uvb lights.

A friend has two of the led bars that can be daisy chained and the output is very underwhelming for the expense (around $180 usd last I checked)
$180 is very expensive, never paid over $100 for them, expect 34”, needed that quick and cost me $120. Once they‘re broke, I’ll try the Sansis.

Back
Top Bottom