Best place in the world

tryme

Where is the best place in the world to see chameleons and other reptiles/lizards etc and have any of you been? If so, have you got any pictures to share :D

No brainer- if you want to see hundreds of species of reptiles, Madagascar is your place to go. Never been but hopefully that's one place ill be able to go before I die. I looked into plane tickets and flying into Antananarivo from Atlanta would be like $2700 round trip.

Yeah I heard Madagascar is the one as well was hoping for some pics and stories as well though. I know the trip would be expensive but worth making at some point in my life also.

If I had "Bill Gates" money, I would fly everyone from chameleon forums there for my birthday. Just give me a couple of years and I'll make it happen...lol

If I had "Bill Gates" money, I would fly everyone from chameleon forums there for my birthday. Just give me a couple of years and I'll make it happen...lol

I'll get to see him this Sunday. I'll ask him for some pocket money. I'm sure that will be enough for all of us. :D

For seeing Chams its definately Madagascar, for other reptiles i'd have to go with Australia great diversity there, i've been to New Zealand and thats the closed but i saw a Tuatara

Tuatara! In the wild or in a zoo? Either way, man that's cool!

There are some tuataras about 6 or 7 miles from my house here at CRES (Center for Reproduction of Endangered Species) inside the San Diego Zoo but they are permanently off display. I've got a couple connections who work there at CRES, but squeezing a tour out of them hasn't happened yet. I'm gonna keep trying though, I'd really like to see a tuatara up close just once!

1. Madagascar
2. Uganda
3. Tanzania/Kenya (couldn't make up my mind, so I'll just call them both one trip)

The Tuatara was in an enclosure at a nature reserve in New Zealand it was near the entrance, basically like this is what lives in this park but you never actually saw them in the park

They're really nice creatures, would be interesting to study them

Back
Top Bottom