Best method to hang a pothos - screen cage

Graves923

Chameleon Enthusiast
What is the best way to hang a potted pothos in the upper portion of my cage?

48" tall screen DIYcages cage. Had to remove one of Kyles trees because it was growing too tall and started pushing the top screen upward. The replacement tree is only about 28-30" tall which is leaving a good portion of the upper area empty. I was thinking of figuring out a way to add a support for a potted pothos to hang in a corn and drape the pothos vines out and down and run acouple artificial vines up and around the pot for climbing and for the pothos to grow its vines out on.

Any suggestions?

PS: Oven mitts work great for protection against an angry veiled who refuses to crawl onto a stick for easy removal from the cage.

What is the best way to hang a potted pothos in the upper portion of my cage?

48" tall screen DIYcages cage. Had to remove one of Kyles trees because it was growing too tall and started pushing the top screen upward. The replacement tree is only about 28-30" tall which is leaving a good portion of the upper area empty. I was thinking of figuring out a way to add a support for a potted pothos to hang in a corn and drape the pothos vines out and down and run acouple artificial vines up and around the pot for climbing and for the pothos to grow its vines out on.

Any suggestions?

PS: Oven mitts work great for protection against an angry veiled who refuses to crawl onto a stick for easy removal from the cage.
Your safest bet is to buy the dragon ledges from dragonstrand.com I personally keep my pothos planted with a long stick for it to grow up.

Personally, I hang a small pot with a pothos from the top of the cage, and then as the vines grow longer I use zip ties to secure them up and around the sides of the cage, and drape them across the fake vines and branches as well. It all depends on how you want your setup to look and work, basically.

I placed a metal rod on the top of the cage and hung the pothos from there. This was in a previous cage -- otherwise I'd provide photos.

You can use anything "sturdy" as a brace across the top - metals, wood, dowels, bamboo plant stakes, etc. When you 'brace' it, you want to go across 2 vertical panels... so either side to side, front to back, or at an angle, just catch 2 sides. Once that's done, use florist wire/coated twist ties... just remember to put the "twist" on the outside. Easy and cheap.. just not visually pleasing to most folk.

Best wishes!

Cool deal. I was thinking of using some stainless steel flat stock I have laying around to fasten to the top of the cage frame and hang the plant from there. Just wanted to see what ideas y'all had.

Dragon ledges will be on the next cage build in the spring

I use thick vertical branches with a few small nubs still on it from where I snipped off branches. I zip tie them to corners and then i can lay horizontal branches scross the nub for support and then ziptie

Back
Top Bottom