Best light for plants?

Larissa132

Whats the best light to keep plants healthy and growing and also won't harm my chameleon, new to the live plants and don't want mine to die!!

Hi and welcome. So some like Sansi lights I prefer arcadia jungle dawn led lights . As they are stips taking up less space . But its also about looking at your plant choice and there needs

Hi and welcome. So some like Sansi lights I prefer arcadia jungle dawn led lights . As they are stips taking up less space . But its also about looking at your plant choice and there needs
I've got pothos, cordyline, mass crane and a fig plant. If you could drop a link to the lights you recommend, I'd appreciate it!

Hi so I'm in the uk , I don’t know how to link stuff sorry, but maybe a US member can do so . Also do you have a picture of your current light set up as there maybe different options.

20210902_102044.jpg

Hi . What are your basking temp how are you measuring this ? Also do you have a solarmeter? It just seems likes your cham can/ and is getting close to both basking light and uvb ?

Hey, for the plant light you can search “ Jungle Dawn Arcadia” into google and it will pull up different websites you can purchase them. I get mine from amazon but you can get them from multiple different sites.

I've got pothos, cordyline, mass crane and a fig plant. If you could drop a link to the lights you recommend, I'd appreciate it!
Part of being a herp keeper is learning a bit of botany—which plants are safe, and the needs & care of those individual plants (water, light, food, space, etc.) and their suitability for a particular enclosure.

Knowing the lighting (and other) needs will also help in arranging them more efficiently in the enclosure.

That said, full-spectrum white LEDs are the most efficient plant lights ATM.
Sansi makes excellent LED grow lights—all warrantied for 5 years.
Jungle Dawn AFAIK, are warrantied for 1 year.
There are others as well.

Avoid any that use colored LEDs in combination to produce white light. If some fail/go out, you're left with something that isn't full spectrum anymore. If an all-white light loses a few elements, what's left is still full spectrum.

https://www.sansiled.com/led-grow-light.html (Also available through Amazon, and coupons are available).
https://www.sansiled.com/70w-led-grow-light-full-spectrum.html is used by many here in 24 x 24 x 48 enclosures.

Part of being a herp keeper is learning a bit of botany—which plants are safe, and the needs & care of those individual plants (water, light, food, space, etc.) and their suitability for a particular enclosure.

Knowing the lighting (and other) needs will also help in arranging them more efficiently in the enclosure.

That said, full-spectrum white LEDs are the most efficient plant lights ATM.
Sansi makes excellent LED grow lights—all warrantied for 5 years.
Jungle Dawn AFAIK, are warrantied for 1 year.
There are others as well.

Avoid any that use colored LEDs in combination to produce white light. If some fail/go out, you're left with something that isn't full spectrum anymore. If an all-white light loses a few elements, what's left is still full spectrum.

https://www.sansiled.com/led-grow-light.html (Also available through Amazon, and coupons are available).
https://www.sansiled.com/70w-led-grow-light-full-spectrum.html is used by many here in 24 x 24 x 48 enclosures.
Thank you, I appreciate it!!! Does it need to hover over the cage or can it sit on top? Also are they used the full 12 hours every day as well?

If you look at the page, you'll see there are several ways of mounting that light above the enclosure.
Other lights will be different.
Mine are mounted differently still, attached to a wooden frame that sits on top—the weight being transferred to the frame.

Plant/grow lights are the only lights I have on a 12/12 schedule.
Basking lights can be turned off whenever the chameleon stops basking (or if temps rise to or above basking temperatures)
I run UVB from an hour after "lights-on" to and hour before "lights-off", since early morning & late afternoon atmosphere blocks most UVB anyway, and the additional 2 hours can extend the life of a UVB bulb by up to 2 months.

Any powerful light that is 6500k. I use a quad fixture with 3 t5ho 6500k tubes and 1 UVB tube, and it grows plants well. The jungle dawn's LEDs are also very nice.

Back
Top Bottom