Best idea for a feeding cup in a mesh cage?

Lil P

I have a 1 month old panther who recently has not been wanting to hand feed anymore. What is your guys best idea on getting a feeding cup to stay up a little higher in the cage, while not damaging the mesh cage to much. Or any other ideas on getting crickets to stay higher in the enclosure rather than running to the bottom when my cham does not eat them right away.

I have several feeder cups, I love them. I got from Nick Barta at Full Throttle feeders , check out his web site. He is a site sponsor
P.s they are magnetic , no damage to cage
Good luck
Dave

I hand feed my chameleon, but i also have a dish. Mine is magnetic which is great for mesh. Attached is pictures. I don't know the brand but maybe you can find something similar. I love it.. it has a removable tray for easy cleaning and a little lip so that creatures can fall/jump out as easily.

IMG_6393.JPG IMG_6394.JPG IMG_6396.JPG IMG_6397.JPG

I just use a small plastic Tupperware cup that I secure to the cage with a pipe cleaner. The Tupperware I use has a little lip on it, so I just made a loop with the pipe cleaner, twisted it a few times and then put the ends throught the screen and twisted a few more. Sometimes I secure it to a branch the same way to change it up for her. I drilled holes in the bottom so water from misting just drains out; I drowned a few feeders before I figured that one out . You can half see it behind her plants in this pic.

Attachments

• 20170511_044717.jpg
    20170511_044717.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 135
I took a large plastic yogurt container and cut it down so the sides of the conainer were only 2 inches. I used a hole puncher to punch a hole in the side, and used a pipe cleaner to thred it through and around a branch near his basking area. it is removable and easy to clean.

I use a small plastic cup amd have created a loop with a vine in his cage that I pop the container into, it works great. I also have another with holes in the side, that i used to hang it up with fishing line. There are also holes in the bottom so water can drain if it gets into it since t cannot come out. I clean it about 2 times a week. I only use feeder cups when I dont have time to hand feed. I just toss them in and leave. I dont put crickets in my cups though, just different worms and roaches

Back
Top Bottom