Best Cleaning Products?

Marc10edora

Avid Member
What is the best commercial cleaning solution to use for your enclosure? I'm looking for something that is strong and safe to use around your cham. Thanks.

I never really got why people need to clean their cages regularly... do they get that dirty? Aside from poop which I pickup pretty much everyday, there isn't anything that I really consider 'dirty' in the cage. I can understand taking plants and branches out once in a while to give them a quick cleaning, but even then, I'd only use hot water and something from the healthfood store like an organic all natural dish soap or all purpose cleaner. My cage itself is pretty much like the day I bought it and I just couldn't justify using chemicals on/in it, partly because I highly doubt chameleons in nature encounter chemical residues...but that's just me! I respect the fact that some people like to 'disinfect' everything regularly but I've just never been a fan of chemical cleaners... I get headaches from the fumes after the floors at home get mopped with pine-sol or mister clean

My cham poops, then wipes is butt on his branches every day. Sometimes I really have to scrub those things to get the poop off. If it dries out by the time I get to it, it is hella hard to clean. Besides that, I use the cleaners to clean out cricket bins and husbandry tools.

That is a part of the reason that I like to take my out a few times for a good several hour soak… The cage, plant everything gets rolled outside and the hose taken to it. The poo on the plants gets washed to the bottom, the chameleons drink tons, and everything gets washed. Then while I have them out giving them there inspection I open up the bottom door and blast all the dead bugs, leaves, and poo out… When I am don’t everybody is happy! No more mess, some sun and water filled chameleons and a clean cage.

My 10gal cricket cages I will put a half cap of bleach in, fill it up and let it set for a few hours, then I dump it out hit it with the hose and its good to go.

Back
Top Bottom