Beside crickets what would be alternative for Chameleons to Waxworms?

endora

hi,
i wanna know whats best for chameleons beside crickets, they are hard to keep alive since i order in bigger amount, i've readed that waxworms could be replacment, and from what i can see they are way easier to keep alive, or i am wrong, please suggestions!! Thanks
Beetwen i am having Veiled Chameleon 4-5 months old!

Waxworms, hornworms, superworms can all be used as treats. BSFL, roaches, silkworms,locusts, etc. can be used in addition to crickets...but crickets are a good staple IMHO...they are readily available, easy to keep, easy to gutload and feed,etc.

This might help...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/food/

Big thanks!! that means alot to me!
I've got one more question if you have time, since he's a sleep currently he acted kind of strange, my PC is on and from there is still light comming on, however nothing much as its opposide side, he tried to like escape cage, leave it, however after couple attemts i guess he got bored and fall asleep i didn't like position in which he fell asleep so i took him, and i put him on wood, he almost immidietely continued sleeping however. I've noticed light seen dots on his body, and above head he seems a bit darker now i dont think he was as dark before, i am not sure but better to ask then to leave on it..

If you can assist me or anyone else i would appriciate it!
291302593_1013243752685134_1181844251940276060_n.jpg

Attachments

• 291302593_1013243752685134_1181844251940276060_n.jpg
    291302593_1013243752685134_1181844251940276060_n.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 60
He should t be sleeping during the day.
What are the temperatures in the cage? Ambient? Basking?
He wasnt sleeping during the day, he was mostly active doing his chameleon things :D
temp in cage around 25c humidity around 62 around him while sleeping..
In day around 29c 40-50 humidity

You said..."i guess he got bored and fall asleep i didn't like position in which he fell asleep so i took him, and i put him on wood, he almost immidietely continued sleeping however"...was this at night then?

You said..."i guess he got bored and fall asleep i didn't like position in which he fell asleep so i took him, and i put him on wood, he almost immidietely continued sleeping however"...was this at night then?
Yes he only sleeps at night, never noticed that he fall asleep during days even at night yesterday for him was hard to fall asleep, however once he slept on cage i've moved him to wood, he immidietely fall asleep.. i know its not best idea to wake up chameleon when he's sleeping already but it was hard position and he uses more energy to sleep in that possition so i thought if i move him atleast he will sleep more relaxed and will not require as much energy..

also from photo it seems like its day, however its night mode on phone so it looks like it was a day heeh

Back
Top Bottom