Bend in back?!

CrazyCalvin

Hi everyone,

I posted a thread a couple of days ago explaining that my Chameleon isn't 100% yet im not sure what's up with him. I found him huddled up in a corner in the morning and he was very cold and black!! When i returned later in the afternoon he seemed to have perked up but still isnt 100%.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/black-cham-62911/index2.html

Anyways,

i took him out this afternoon and had a good look at him and i notice he has a slight bend in his back?!? :eek:
I have notice his uv strip light has dropped won a couple of times (but it wouldnt be able to drop on top of him)

Does any one know what this could be or how and why it's happened!?

Any help would be fab!!

Attachments

• IMG00416-20110713-0953.jpg
    IMG00416-20110713-0953.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 183
The discoloration and bend tell me it's time for a vet visit... Has he been able to walk around normally? What's his grip like? It looks to me like an injury so please take him to a vet

i dont know what it could be, ive heard nothing like it.......

im pretty sure its an injury i think you should take him/her to a vet, could you post a few pics of his/her back????? It might not be an injury but just in case....

im pretty sure its an injury i think you should take him/her to a vet, could you post a few pics of his/her back????? It might not be an injury but just in case....

That's the only picture i've got as above and im not home with him now. Im so upset, he doesnt seem uncomfortable or in pain but he just doesnt seem himself (hard to put my finger on it)

He's using his limbs and walking round as normal and i did gently touch the area on his back and he didnt flinch or anything. I just hope he isnt in any pain!! :(

I will be taking him to the vet but with work and surgery hours it may not be until monday :(

the discoloration looks like the area is about to shed. usually an area that has had trauma/injury/improper nutrients will either shed first or shed last but usually later. This can also take a long time to shed also depending on the case.

more information needs to be given along with more pics. for piece of mind a vet xray of the area/blood work would be great.

You say he is not 100 percent yet? whats the other problems he is having? possible MBD?

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

oh, well if it becomes really bad i would just visit another vet, if not because you said he doesnt seem to mind it, so i would wait a little and see if itll heal
just a thought.........=D

Back
Top Bottom