Behaviour

allymc

Please can someone tell me about colours and behaviour of a Yemen as mine has started puffing his neck out everytime I mist his Viv is it cos he's frightened of what I'm doing :(only got him yesterday no where on web tells you much about their behaviour it's mainly on care which I have read up on xx

yemen (veileds) chams are commonly known to be an aggressive chameleon. Since you just got it yesterday he/she is still stressed out from being in a new place and new surroundings so you should have as LITTLE contact with it as possible. Also, don't mist the chameleon directly with the spray bottle. My veiled hates me, even though i hardly ever bother him aside from feeding, but he will always hand feed. Darker and brown coloration are stress indicator colors!

Thanks

Thank you he's left alone all day apart from misting only mist his plants never him and feeding I just put locusts in and leave him to it x

Yeah my Veiled absolutely hates being misted, I've never seen him move as fast as he does when the mister turns on haha. He also puffs out for a bit after.

Back
Top Bottom