Beginning of my Panther enclosure

iTsJusTMe

So here's some pictures of what I have so far and a list.

18''Wx30''Lx48''H screen cage that i built.
•Some treated branches from back yard.
•Two flukers small vines
•Two Zoomed digital thermometers
•One Zoomed humidity gauge
•some fake foliage on bothe sides
•Ficus tree, Money tree and bromeliad plant (live)
•75w basking light which has basking area from 85º-90º
•Mistking starter system
•Walgreens dual ultrasonic humidifier

Things I still need to get.
•Uvb tubular light and grow light
•Two more vines (large)
•Two spider plants
•Timers for lighting
•Some pvc pipe for humidifier
•Some 2" rocks to put on top of topsoil/sand
•And most important my CHAMELEON :D

Open for any suggestions or ideals to make this the perfect enclosure.
Thanks guys.... I'm so anxious to get my first Panther.:D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 20130719_165115.jpg
    20130719_165115.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 156
Wow! Looking great so far. Looks like you are well prepared and did your homework well. :)

What kind of panther.?

Yes I've been doing some homework thanks for noticing. I'm looking at getting an Ambilobe Panther. I'll post pics when he arrives and pics the final stage of the enclosure :)

looking good, one question what you gonna do about drainage ?

With the drainage I wont have a problem with that. I put on top of the topsoil some sand this way it gets soaked right away. The 2 spider plants that I'm planning on getting will add to catching dripping water also,plus I think I'm only going to have the system go for 8-10 seconds at a time.This way there's not too much water at once but enough for water for my cham and to add to the humidity. I'm still doing adjustments to figure out the right setting :)

The topsoil/sand is only in the potted plants not on the whole bottom of the enclosure..... just to make that clear :D

I think that 8-10 seconds for a misting wouldn't be enough an it would need to be longer.

Even if its just for water supply? The humidity will be kept up from the humidifier that will be running ever hour for much longer than that. Like I said I'm still adjusting the time so what would you recommend and ill try that out.

Well you really just want to get it pretty yet and I don't think it would get it wet enough. Not so much for humidity but to get a lot of nice big drops for him to drink.

Well you really just want to get it pretty yet and I don't think it would get it wet enough. Not so much for humidity but to get a lot of nice big drops for him to drink.

With the 10 sec the money tree gets pretty soaked and its big leaves hold pretty good size water drops. Today is the 1st whole day that I will be running this sytem to see how the water stets and drips. I still have a while till I get my cham, I will make the adjustments until its perfect. I do get what you're saying and will be keeping my eye on this today and until its right.Thanks for your input :)

Just ran this manually....... and you were right 10 sec isn't enough. I have some adjustments to make haha thanks again

money trees are listed as being non-toxic, however it is commonly cautioned to cause cats and dogs diarrhea and nausea if ingested... my assumption is that they might also be toxic to chams but have not pursued that investigation any further.

QUOTE=mychamtini112012;1022433]No problem. :) just here to help. Keep us updated.[/QUOTE] I definitely will :D

money trees are listed as being non-toxic, however it is commonly cautioned to cause cats and dogs diarrhea and nausea if ingested... my assumption is that they might also be toxic to chams but have not pursued that investigation any further.
I also have seen that this tree is not on the safe plant list but have seen in person that the money tree can be used. I've seen money trees be used for 2 years with 2 different chams with no side effects. But I will be looking out for them little bite marks on the leaves just to keep and eye on him :D

Back
Top Bottom