Before and After Egg Laying Pics?

Ivy2020

Hello everyone,

My veiled chameleon is in the process of digging a hole and getting ready to lay her eggs. My question is, people say that the chameleon will get skinny after laying her eggs. I was just wondering how much of a difference it looks on them since they lay so many eggs.

Does anyone have pictures to demonstrate this transformation?

Thank you all!

Hello everyone,

My veiled chameleon is in the process of digging a hole and getting ready to lay her eggs. My question is, people say that the chameleon will get skinny after laying her eggs. I was just wondering how much of a difference it looks on them since they lay so many eggs.

Does anyone have pictures to demonstrate this transformation?

Thank you all!
She’ll go from really plump and lumpy, to looking deflated a bit. It’s most noticeable in the area behind their back legs.

You can go to my thread and see what she looks like right now!
Thanks!! Yes, your Grumpy does look longer and slimmer now. Mine just finished as well. Her first clutch and 55 eggs. I just don't understand how they fit all of that in their tiny bodies!

Thanks!! Yes, your Grumpy does look longer and slimmer now. Mine just finished as well. Her first clutch and 55 eggs. I just don't understand how they fit all of that in their tiny bodies!
You may want to try to decrease the number of eggs she lays by controlling/decreasing her diet a couple of days after she laid and decreasing her basking temperatures to the low 80's if they are higher than that. It will decrease her chances of developing MBD and becoming eggbound or developing follicular stasis.

Wow, that's a lot of eggs. You should try reducing temps and food intake so she lays less eggs. Like you said, that's a lot for such a tiny body and it is very taxing on them. ?

You may want to try to decrease the number of eggs she lays by controlling/decreasing her diet a couple of days after she laid and decreasing her basking temperatures to the low 80's if they are higher than that. It will decrease her chances of developing MBD and becoming eggbound or developing follicular stasis.
Thank You! I had a feeling my husband was feeding her too many dubia roaches. Our basking light intensity may also need to be reduced as well. Do you have a recommendation on roughly how many large dubia roaches to feed her a day? We are still struggling with finding out the proper feeding amount.

Wow, that's a lot of eggs. You should try reducing temps and food intake so she lays less eggs. Like you said, that's a lot for such a tiny body and it is very taxing on them. ?
Thank you so much Amanda! My husband and I are first time chameleon keepers, we appreciate your help!

I live in Canada so we can't keep roaches...it's about 3 or 4 crickets every second or third day. It varies a bit from chameleon to chameleon. You don't want her to be starving...but you don't want her to get fat either.

Back
Top Bottom