Become Pale in areas

Mazzyr

I haven’t posted before and a relatively new to Chameleon keeping,
I have a 10pm that old female veiled chameleon, she has developed paler patches on her back, she is moving, and eating ok, and a water fountain in her in home.

Any ideas what it might be??

Attachments

• 6206B384-6406-4B93-B03C-E5CB9D3E7200.jpeg
    6206B384-6406-4B93-B03C-E5CB9D3E7200.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 29
  • D326E1BE-1DEC-408C-B0EC-6E348EE0EA65.jpeg
    D326E1BE-1DEC-408C-B0EC-6E348EE0EA65.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 31
  • A5190A82-2B32-46B4-A69C-CF935C739B9D.jpeg
    A5190A82-2B32-46B4-A69C-CF935C739B9D.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 28
Has she shed before in your care or that you know of? What kind of lights do you have for her and what supplements do you give?
It kind of looks like she may be shedding but not enough info to say for sure.

Hi yes she’s shed, but hasn’t gone light like that before, the heat bulb is 100watt with a zone 2 light strip with is 24watt, I’ve been suggested to lower the top branch down to 8 inch as it’s 5 1/2 inches away from the strip light.
Use calcium every time I feed her which has bee pollen in it then the minerals I use are Zoo med’s reptivite without D3….

Those black scales on her back, are they always there or come and go? Almost thinking burn is a possibility if her baking branch was too close to the heat lamp? I’m not one of the experienced peeps on here so one of them should chime in soon, just trying to think of things.
These little babies are a challenge, always keeping us on our toes!! Welcome to the forum btw!! You’ve come to a great place, everyone is great here! 😊

I too believe 8-9 inches from basking lamp is more accurate than 5, But depends on temps. Do you know the temp just above basking stick? Where her back would be under the light, in her basking area?

Thank you for the welcome 😊
I’m starting to believe it might be a burn bless her, I’ll be moving the branch down as soon as she wakes, the basking area is set at 28 - 29 degrees

Use calcium every time I feed her which has bee pollen in it then the minerals I use are Zoo med’s reptivite without D3….
Hi. Are you giving bee pollen with every feeding? How often are you giving the ReptiVite? What are you using to give her D3 and how often? With out girls we really need to have everything as perfect as possible because of the egg laying.
That pale spot looks like she’s getting ready to shed.

I’m starting to believe it might be a burn bless her, I’ll be moving the branch down as soon as she wakes, the basking area is set at 28 - 29 degrees
Why are you thinking it could be a burn? Is it changing color? If it is a burn, because it’s such a large area she’ll definitely need a vet visit for treatment and possibly antibiotics.

If her temps are currently 28-29 degrees at her basking branch I don’t suspect she would burn, that’s a normal basking temp for females I believe they say 27 is perfect.

If her temps are currently 28-29 degrees at her basking branch I don’t suspect she would burn, that’s a normal basking temp for females I believe they say 27 is perfect.
Maybe 29 a little too high. Again sorry I should leave the help to the experts. 😂I’m eagerly learning too.

Back
Top Bottom