Beardie!

Just got a year old male bearded dragon in a 60 gallon tank! just wondering what supplements everyone uses? i have a 150 watt heat bulb 24'' repitsun 10.0 and fixture nice calci sand sticks etc..

take out the calci sand pronto that will kill him in a mattert of months...also what are all his temps....?

use play sand from home depo...its cheaper and digests better...

take out the calci sand pronto that will kill him in a mattert of months...also what are all his temps....?

I definately agree! Also many people are surprised but Bearded Dragons eat ALOT of veggies, give yours a wide variety of roman lettuce carrots fruits and berries and then crickets and mealworms, essentially have veggies 35-40% of diet and crickets and worms 60-65% Any other questions? I can help you out ALOT with ur Dragon

I have read on numerous sites that people either use calci sand or oat bran...
??? so im just going to roll with it and see what happens that would be alot of work to take almost 9 lbs of sand outa a 55 gallon tank

my basking temps are 105-115 F and the other end of the cage is 75's 80's

what about supplements would this suffice for calicium? http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...cleaners/-/repcal-ultra-fine-calcium-with-d3/

The Beardie is 1 year old. Compaction isn't a problem. I have 3 adults on it, they aren't sick.

I love beardies!

As far as the calcisand goes, I haven't used it but I have heard horror stories. I would just make sure that the sand isn't getting into his food, ie. feed crix in a separate spot and have the veg's in a dish.

I always kept my adults on a combo of playsand and large shale rocks.

Enjoy! They are such great lizards, wonderful personalities and so different from chams.

Back
Top Bottom