Bearded pygmy suggestions?

ReptilexLover

thsi is my firstday, here, and also my first day whith my chameleon.Any suggetsions on its diet? I am currently feedin it crickets, and its about an inch long.

Welcome to the forums! I feed mine mostly crickets, but I also throw in fruit flies about 3 times per week. Both Melanogaster (the little ones) and Hydei (the bigger ones). They usually prefer the Hydei, but I like to give them options.

Mealworms aren't a popular choice for any chameleons because they can be hard to digest. I don't know if one or two once in a while might be ok, but hopefully some more experienced pygmy keepers can chime in on this one. I have never fed mine mealworms, but maybe others have.
How are you enjoying your pygmy?

Some of mine enjoy eating baby mealworms or the other smaller species occasionally. Some of them refuse to eat them all together. I only give them a couple a month though. They generally like crickets, house flies, blue bottle flies, sometimes dubia, small moths, sometimes black soldier fly maggots, they will eat hydei fruit flies every now and then, sometimes they eat silkworms, butterworms, small hornworms, and their clean up crew. Mine seem to be rather picky! They won't eat certain foods on certain days.

this really helps, thanks!But, now i have a different problem.i haven't seen my cham eat;it also seem too be getting skinny.I offered it crickets and meal worms, and it doesn't eat, and its also wuite sluggish....ill be making a topic on this but i need help! :(

Back
Top Bottom