bearded pygmy chameleon - eggs

pupylov

My pygmy chams had eggs!! the 4 eggs were laid about June 10th, the 2 were laid about June 25th, and the last 3 were laid about July 7th. Any idea if you can tell by looking at them or based on temp/humidity about how long they will take to hatch? Also any pointers on how to house them once they hatch? I am concerned feeding them fruit flies the flies will escape and they will starve. How do you contain fruit flies in an enclosure?! Thanks for the help :)

Attachments

• 20150714_182250.jpg
    20150714_182250.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 20150714_182320.jpg
    20150714_182320.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 234
  • 20150714_182308.jpg
    20150714_182308.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 309
They take 45-90 days to hatch. I'm in the incubating process myself! Good luck!

I would recommend not keeping eggs laid on different dates together in the same container.

You can buy flightless fruit flies and have a fruit source in the cage to keep them there.

In the past we had all of ours hatch around 70-73 days incubation. It is temperature based but for the most part that is what you should expect.

As for feeding, they can easily handle pinhead crickets and bean beetles as these babies are huge. They might be pygmy but they are almost as big as a panther when born! I would just keep a small piece of food for the flies inside the cage as said. That will keep most in the cage.

I also have pygmy eggs.

I have 1 egg that was laid 5-21-15 (I saw her laying it) and then on 07-20-15 I was redoing the viv and found a clutch of 4 eggs and another clutch of 3 eggs that were smaller than the 4. Not sure when each of those were laid, I think the 3 were laid just a few days before because she really went from chubby to skinny over night. I have no idea when she laid the 4. She is very sneaky. I hope we all have little pygmy babies soon.

Hello,
I am a complete newbie in this area although I have good experience in keeping Pets such as Guinea pig and marine fishes.

I stay in Singapore and I would like to keep Pygmy chameleon. I am wondering where can I buy eggs ? I think it may be better to ship eggs from the US to Singapore rather than shipping the chameleon from mortality rate perspective.

Any help and directions is appreciated.

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom