bearded pygmy cham. gravid? please help

She would gain a few grams, get a bit fatter, outside of that I am not sure. If you can link a few pictures that might help.

A gravid R. brevicaudatus will add some girth and look extra hefty.

But frankly, a female brev, which has laid past clutches and will do so again, can look hefty most of the time. I have had a female brev surprise me by laying eggs. There was no visually obvious weight gain before she laid the eggs, and she didn't look very different after she laid them.

But in general you should see some extra girth.

Based on your pictures, it's hard to tell. She is not obviously heavy with eggs, but....

A gravid R. brevicaudatus will add some girth and look extra hefty.

But frankly, a female brev, which has laid past clutches and will do so again, can look hefty most of the time. I have had a female brev surprise me by laying eggs. There was no visually obvious weight gain before she laid the eggs, and she didn't look very different after she laid them.

But in general you should see some extra girth.

Based on your pictures, it's hard to tell. She is not obviously heavy with eggs, but....

the reason i ask because shes been looking like shes gained some pounds but shes been eating the same as usual so lets hope that she is so i get some babies

So I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but check her out. I just got her at the Pomona show along with two others. She's huge now! I think maybe she is gravid?

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 129
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 163
Back
Top Bottom