Bean Bag Chair!

JuAPple

Hi i am looking to buy a bean bag chair! i hear those are really comfortable and either way i have always wanted one sooo bad! the problem is i do not know how big i should get it sincei do not know what the right size is for me! i am 19 yrs old and of course i am not a child anymore! :]

i found one online for 20 $$$ and the dimmensions are 21x21x21.... not so sure if it is too small is it? i saw one at walmart.com and it was 24x24x30 it has a picture of a girl who is about 16-17 yrs old maybe younger, the chair looks like a right size but not sure! should i get a chair that is 30x30x30's or in the range of 20x20x20's is fine? please let me know i do not want to buy a wrong chair!(bean bag chair)

awww i want one of those only my niece has one like that but the frame is metal and the chair itself is furry, she got it from walmart long long ago! it has been 4 years and it is still in great shape! but i do not know if they still sell them or what they are called. like i said it looks like that chair but looks like it is for kids! :]

21 inches...is like a big basket ball. With bean bags you want the biggest you can find. Don't go cheap or (probably) less than 6 months you will be cleaning up styro balls all over your house.

WoW those things are pricey. I'm all about quality but I have a hard time swallowing 219-1069 bucks for a bean bag. No wonder they can afford to have a Sac Hummer Limo and a Sac boat. :rolleyes:

So up to over a grand for some foam and a cloth bag....I don't think so. 219 is the small one. The regular one is over 400. I guess you will want to buy a snuggy with that, and wile you are at it I have a bridge for sale.

I had one... It was prior to them getting designer names though. I guess it would now be the "Movie Sac" size.

I liked it, I slept on it, I watched tv on it, Smashed on it...etc

Left it at the ex's.......:cool:

If you all think its too expensive and not worth it... pick up a bean bag chair from WalMart....cheapskates...:rolleyes:;)

-Jay

Hey now.. you can get a decent bean bag for 50-100 bucks. :p no need to pay that much for a bag of foam. WalMart BBs suck. That's why I said not to go cheap. They end up dropping little styro balls all over the damn place. But 1000 bucks is ridiculous.

Hey now.. you can get a decent bean bag for 50-100 bucks. :p no need to pay that much for a bag of foam. WalMart BBs suck. That's why I said not to go cheap. They end up dropping little styro balls all over the damn place. But 1000 bucks is ridiculous.

I agree, but if you use it as a regular chair, it's not the end of the world.

A decent occasional chair(Broyhill,JLouis,GuildCraft) will set you back $400-600. So for $300-400 its about right for their sacs.

They should be less then a reg chair since all the manufacturing process entails is: Sewing the cover, shreading the recycyed foam, and stuffing it in a box to ship. A regular upholstered chair requires building a frame, webbing it, install the cores and dacron, and then covering it. Way more work, and time.

I should try and make one at the shop.... I have all the fill, I just need to get a cover made.....hmm, some one who sews...."Ohhhhhhh Laurie....":D:D:D

-Jay

Man, I bought a lovesac a couple years back and the regular size was like 200! I can't believe the price has gone up so much!

Although, they are pretttty great. A friend of mine uses one for a bed :) haha

How much is the fill? I have a cover already from an older bean bag that the dog got a hold of.. We patched it up nicely but we didn't get it filled up all the way, so we stored it.

you can get fill almost anywhere! on ebay it s pretty cheap! 2.4 square ounces for like 4 bucks! and 4.5 square ounces for 8! pretty cheap!

Just go to an upholstery shop and ask if they have any scraps laying around. Then you get to spend 3 days shredding it by hand. :p

Jay, I totally agree that 400 for a main chair isn't too bad. But for a bean bag? Like you said production is little labor, and materials..well it's foam and cloth. For 400 bucks it better be leather! Now that I would pay for.

Back
Top Bottom