Baths??

causekhaos

I have a 4/5 month old female panther chameleon, and was wondering whether or not I need to give her baths? I know that if ones are necessary (ei to encourage drinking), then its best to put them on a plant and have the water hitting a wall and 'spraying' back onto the plant/cham but I just wanted to check whether regular 'baths' are necessary for whatever reason? Even if the chameleon is perfectly healthy?

nightanole

Chameleon Enthusiast
Nope shower treatments are for extreme cases such as after egglaying/shipping/food strike. Normally a spray bottle with hot water (it will cool instantly in the air) will work to get rid of a shed. It will help it dry up and flake off easier.

szpond

I will do a chameleon 'shower' very infrequently when and if my chameleon has an issue with a shed, or if I feel as if he is being a stubborn drinker, etc.

He seems to not be as stressed in the shower situation than he is if I were to spray down his enclosure and hit him with the warm water. When I spray normally I avoid throwing him into a panic by doing this :p

Top Bottom