basking spot

wrong light?

What heat lamp is it? I had a black ceramic and they only sit where they can see the light. Either that or maybe your bulb is the wrong temperature and he's happier under the uv? Some people think the know when they need more uv as well but im not sure if thats true or not??? ;
:) hope that helps if not id fill out the "how to ask for help" and see what the experts come up with ;) x

What heat lamp is it? I had a black ceramic and they only sit where they can see the light. Either that or maybe your bulb is the wrong temperature and he's happier under the uv? Some people think the know when they need more uv as well but im not sure if thats true or not??? ;
:) hope that helps if not id fill out the "how to ask for help" and see what the experts come up with ;) x

Thanks for the help

My baby veiled chameleon only baskes in the uv light not the heat lamp. ...is that bad? ?

Babies are more temp sensitive and overheat faster. Basking under the UV is fine...good for him. What's the temp right under your heat lamp? Maybe its too hot. You can experiment by moving the lamp farther from the cage top and see if he spends more time under it.

Back
Top Bottom