Basking bulb

Yep so that one will work as well. it provides more focused heat... That is why there is a shape difference. Just double check your temps at basking. Let the bulb fully warm up and start checking.
That's great! Thanks! ???I got the 25 wattage, I saw a post of someone who used that one.

check temps with it. 25 watt will be a low output... You still want to watch your distances to the chameleon since it is a focused heat bulb.
Okay, I will thanks so much for your help! I may change my order to a higher wattage. ???

Okay, I will thanks so much for your help! I may change my order to a higher wattage. ???
ok I would not go higher then a 60 watt. Like I said these are focused heat... Let us know when you get it and your testing temps. remember you want a wired probe temp gauge hooked in at the basking branch below this fixture to give you real temps at basking... Nothing hotter at the branch then 78-79 because it will be a bit warmer where she rises into the heat. If it is too hot you want to raise the fixture up higher.

ok I would not go higher then a 60 watt. Like I said these are focused heat... Let us know when you get it and your testing temps. remember you want a wired probe temp gauge hooked in at the basking branch below this fixture to give you real temps at basking... Nothing hotter at the branch then 78-79 because it will be a bit warmer where she rises into the heat. If it is too hot you want to raise the fixture up higher.
Okay, she doesn't really go near the basking light, but I will get the 25 Wat and see how that goes.

IMG_20201005_154525767.jpg

I am adding foliage over time. As that stuff does not come cheap. Going with live plants

So I would go with a plant that offer height like an umbrella plant... See this image link. https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Chameleon-Plants-122819.pdf

Which uvb are you using right now?

You want height... So the very top of the enclosure typically the top 9 inches are open then basking level... They will spend most of their time at the top half of the enclosure.

This may help you to look at others enclosures... Here are mine. https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/albums/my-enclosures.6672/

You may have already gotten this link but it will walk you through step by step. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

So I would go with a plant that offer height like an umbrella plant... See this image link. https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Chameleon-Plants-122819.pdf

Which uvb are you using right now?

You want height... So the very top of the enclosure typically the top 9 inches are open then basking level... They will spend most of their time at the top half of the enclosure.

This may help you to look at others enclosures... Here are mine. https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/albums/my-enclosures.6672/

You may have already gotten this link but it will walk you through step by step. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
The linear I am using the the repti sun 10.0 t8, okay I will look into an umbrella plant!

The linear I am using the the repti sun 10.0 t8, okay I will look into an umbrella plant!
The uvb box said it can reach 20" but if the branches need to be higher then I can move them. I will go out out in my yard and get sticks. I did that and she LOVES the stick.

Ok so with this fixture and bulb she needs to be able to get 5 inches below it. You will want to hook in your vines or branches with tiny zip ties or floral wire with the sharps on the outside of the enclosure. So you need to be able to pull everything up Getting a plant that will help you do it is the way to go. Your basking level with this fixture will need to be 5-6 inches below the fixture. So she can bask and get the correct UVB level.

Ok so with this fixture and bulb she needs to be able to get 5 inches below it. You will want to hook in your vines or branches with tiny zip ties or floral wire with the sharps on the outside of the enclosure. So you need to be able to pull everything up Getting a plant that will help you do it is the way to go. Your basking level with this fixture will need to be 5-6 inches below the fixture. So she can bask and get the correct UVB level.
Okay, thank you so much! I will work on that now! I appreciate your help! ????

The uvb box said it can reach 20" but if the branches need to be higher then I can move them. I will go out out in my yard and get sticks. I did that and she LOVES the stick.
It is true but the screen top reduces the output by 40%. To acheive the right UVB level with this one she need a her basking level at 5-6 inches down. UVB drops quite significantly the farther you move away from the bulb. Even if you still see the light the UVB levels are not adequate farther down at 15 inches. So optimal levels are at 5-6 inches below then they reduce dropping off completely after about 15 inches.

I tried moving the vines but they wouldn't really go up. So I will leave them where they are now, and add sticks from the yard.

It is true but the screen top reduces the output by 40%. To acheive the right UVB level with this one she need a her basking level at 5-6 inches down. UVB drops quite significantly the farther you move away from the bulb. Even if you still see the light the UVB levels are not adequate farther down at 15 inches. So optimal levels are at 5-6 inches below then they reduce dropping off completely after about 15 inches.
Ooooh okay! Sorry!

Back
Top Bottom