Basking bulb

Normally when my girl gets her tanning on, she’s just a darker shade of green. She only gets these dots and stripes when she’s scared, but for the last 2 days when she’s basking she’s been looking like this and not her usually all dark green. Any thoughts? I haven’t made any changes to her enclosure

Attachments

• 44ACF02D-D11E-40DF-AD8F-DCEEA2BF708E.jpeg
    44ACF02D-D11E-40DF-AD8F-DCEEA2BF708E.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 94
Normally when my girl gets her tanning on, she’s just a darker shade of green. She only gets these dots and stripes when she’s scared, but for the last 2 days when she’s basking she’s been looking like this and not her usually all dark green. Any thoughts? I haven’t made any changes to her enclosure
She has a laying bin huh?
Could be she gravid, IDK though, I don’t know much about Females

**I do not keep veileds**
Has she shed recently? I noticed my girl went through a shed about a month ago and every since shes looked closer to her "gravid" colors. More vibrant, violet spots/cheeks, more color. I attributed it to upgrading her cage; thought she was just happier and healthier. Some people have also noticed this change in colors lately... maybe the females are mad the males steal all the color and attention!!

**I do not keep veileds**
Has she shed recently? I noticed my girl went through a shed about a month ago and every since shes looked closer to her "gravid" colors. More vibrant, violet spots/cheeks, more color. I attributed it to upgrading her cage; thought she was just happier and healthier. Some people have also noticed this change in colors lately... maybe the females are mad the males steal all the color and attention!!
She actually hasn't shed recently! I'm just a little worried because the only time I've seen her get these spots and stripes are when she's really scared, so I hope nothing is wrong. And hahah that's funny, maybe they do just want to show off to the males that they got game too :LOL:

She actually hasn't shed recently! I'm just a little worried because the only time I've seen her get these spots and stripes are when she's really scared, so I hope nothing is wrong. And hahah that's funny, maybe they do just want to show off to the males that they got game too :LOL:

I believe Your right that those are stress spots. I know you said you haven’t changed her cage but it’s there something new in the room that she might see that she doesn’t like? Or could even be the clothes your wearing or something small that we wouldn’t think about.

I believe Your right that those are stress spots. I know you said you haven’t changed her cage but it’s there something new in the room that she might see that she doesn’t like? Or could even be the clothes your wearing or something small that we wouldn’t think about.
Hmm okay so me and my boyfriend moved to a new apartment about 3 weeks ago. She hadn’t showed any signs of stress up until 2 days ago, and I can’t think of anything in the room she wouldn’t have already seen before. I’m so puzzled! I also heard they don’t like the colors red/pink (or so I read) but I haven’t been wearing those colors either!

Hmm okay so me and my boyfriend moved to a new apartment about 3 weeks ago. She hadn’t showed any signs of stress up until 2 days ago, and I can’t think of anything in the room she wouldn’t have already seen before. I’m so puzzled! I also heard they don’t like the colors red/pink (or so I read) but I haven’t been wearing those colors either!

Some chams don’t like those colours. Some don’t like other colours. Depends on the Cham. I’m not sure could be starting of gravid colours but I haven’t noticed that with melon. I’ll pay closer attention when she’s receptive/ gravid again in a few months ( she just laid her 4th infertile clutch). As for the laying bin I just keep it in all the time in case I miss the signs of being gravid.

Some chams don’t like those colours. Some don’t like other colours. Depends on the Cham. I’m not sure could be starting of gravid colours but I haven’t noticed that with melon. I’ll pay closer attention when she’s receptive/ gravid again in a few months ( she just laid her 4th infertile clutch). As for the laying bin I just keep it in all the time in case I miss the signs of being gravid.
Hm okay do you think tomorrow I should put the bin in and see if she starts scoping it out?

Hm okay do you think tomorrow I should put the bin in and see if she starts scoping it out?

From the pic she doesn’t look like she’s ready to lay but I would just keep the laying bin in there. Could be more stressful adding a new object into their cage when it’s time to lay. This way she will get use to it and know where she can go when she’s ready to lay.

They usually get very restless a couple days before laying and start pacing all around the cage. I’m guessing they do this to make sure there is no predators around at the same time as looking for a good spot to lay. When she is getting close to that time you will want to cover the bottom half of the cage so she can’t see you while digging.

They usually get very restless a couple days before laying and start pacing all around the cage. I’m guessing they do this to make sure there is no predators around at the same time as looking for a good spot to lay. When she is getting close to that time you will want to cover the bottom half of the cage so she can’t see you while digging.
Okay awesome. I also purchased a mistking, but have to set that up too! That way I won’t disrupt her by hand misting

Update: I noticed a branch that I had gotten from outside and put in her enclosure, was getting wobbly. When she would climb off of it, it would sort of twist (since she’s growing I assume that’s why it’s not as supportive). Anyways, I just took it out and let’s see if that does anything! Maybe the twisting and turning spooked her

Update: I noticed a branch that I had gotten from outside and put in her enclosure, was getting wobbly. When she would climb off of it, it would sort of twist (since she’s growing I assume that’s why it’s not as supportive). Anyways, I just took it out and let’s see if that does anything! Maybe the twisting and turning spooked her
I don’t really have anything thing more to add but she has grown! She looks great! Keep up the good work. :)

Once a female veiled is sexually mature (gets receptive coloration/pattern) it's important to put a laying bin in the cage and leave it there IMHO because that way you won't miss the subtle signs that she needs to lay.

She doesn't look like she's close to egg laying yet.

Back
Top Bottom