Basking bulb advice

definetly need to get a better basking bulb.. I’m going to petco today to restock on supplements as well. Any good brands and wattages recommended for my veiled?

Attachments

• 7D80FDD4-548D-4CD5-8204-3FDB29C96EA7.jpeg
    7D80FDD4-548D-4CD5-8204-3FDB29C96EA7.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 40
From a suggestion made on this forum I purchased a Phillips 75W Agro-Lite for my plants and heat. It definitely puts out more heat than the blue zoo med bulb that we originally had so I hung the fixture from the ceiling at a height and angle that gave me the correct temp range at the basking spot.

From a suggestion made on this forum I purchased a Phillips 75W Agro-Lite for my plants and heat. It definitely puts out more heat than the blue zoo med bulb that we originally had so I hung the fixture from the ceiling at a height and angle that gave me the correct temp range at the basking spot.
I picked up these. If I put them at an angle and keep watch of how he’s doing you think it’ll do for a good bask?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 50
Hi @SoberParrots energy bulbs don't tend to put out much heat . As for for wattage I keep all sizes 35,50 ,75,100 . Iwas using a 75 at the start of the year then down to a 35 then no basking as we had record temps . Also a dimmable thermo is a good investment. My personal favourite is an arcadia
20210326_225439.jpg
but lots of members just use regular incandescent bulbs really up to preferences. I suppose as long as you get basking temp and your cham is healthy then hey

Hi @SoberParrots energy bulbs don't tend to put out much heat . As for for wattage I keep all sizes 35,50 ,75,100 . Iwas using a 75 at the start of the year then down to a 35 then no basking as we had record temps . Also a dimmable thermo is a good investment. My personal favourite is an arcadia View attachment 308361but lots of members just use regular incandescent bulbs really up to preferences. I suppose as long as you get basking temp and your cham is healthy then hey
Okay! I will keep an eye on him and see how the new bulb does. Thanks for the advice.

Hi @SoberParrots energy bulbs don't tend to put out much heat . As for for wattage I keep all sizes 35,50 ,75,100 . Iwas using a 75 at the start of the year then down to a 35 then no basking as we had record temps . Also a dimmable thermo is a good investment. My personal favourite is an arcadia View attachment 308361but lots of members just use regular incandescent bulbs really up to preferences. I suppose as long as you get basking temp and your cham is healthy then hey
I just put the bulb in. it puts out amazing heat for a basking temp. I’ll see how he does.

Back
Top Bottom