Basil is here! Or maybe it's Baleeze

FrankTheTank

Established Member
My first panther chameleon made his long voyage from Texas to South Alabama safe and sound. I sprayed his cage and he immediately drank. He wouldn't touch the small Dubai roaches I offered him so I'm going to pick up some small crickets for dinner. He looks really healthy but I'm scared he might be a she hope the place I ordered him from didn't screw me over since I purchased a male.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 248
Congrats on you little one :) he looks nice. By the way what kind of panther is ? !! I recently got my first panther (ambilobe) too :D

If you can take a better pick of his back foot people would be able to help you a lot better identifying if is a he or a she ;)

Congrats on you little one :) he looks nice. By the way what kind of panther is ? !! I recently got my first panther (ambilobe) too :D

If you can take a better pick of his back foot people would be able to help you a lot better identifying if is a he or a she ;)

He is an ambilobe also. I haven't read anything about identifying sex by the feet for panthers. I know male veiled cham's have spurs on their hind legs, but I don't think male panthers do.

Nice cham you got there! :) Looks like a female to me. You can usually see a slight bulge around the vent, if its a male. Congrats!

He is an ambilobe also. I haven't read anything about identifying sex by the feet for panthers. I know male veiled cham's have spurs on their hind legs, but I don't think male panthers do.

Actually you are right. I thought it was the same for panthers !. well I dont know if I can post links of other webpages. If you type how to identify chameleon sex on google the first article is pretty helpful :)

Nice cham you got there! :) Looks like a female to me. You can usually see a slight bulge around the vent, if its a male. Congrats!

it's only 2 months old. A lot smaller than the picture implies. He looks so tiny in comparison. I don't think they have a large bulge at this point. I know it is actually harder to sex panthers at 2 months b/c the base of the tail is so similar when comparing males and females.

I originally thought it was a female, but with that last picture I do see a very small curve...so hard to tell at this age, but looks like it might indeed be a male. Keep us updated please :) Good Luck!

I originally thought it was a female, but with that last picture I do see a very small curve...so hard to tell at this age, but looks like it might indeed be a male. Keep us updated please :) Good Luck!

Thank you so much for some positivity! I have heard it is hard to tell at 2 months bc the male and female tails are so similar. I talked to the guy i bought it from and he i confident that it is a male given the reputation of the breeder that sexes them at birth. I am praying for a boy!! His name stays at Basil for now!

took a couple more pictures today with a better camera. I'm beginning to lead toward male now. He seems to have a little tiny bulge there.

Attachments

• IMG_1335.jpg
    IMG_1335.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 119
Back
Top Bottom