Barely Making It

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
I don't know what's wrong lately. I feel it's all connected to whatever is wrong with my lower back/spine and right shoulder/arm. The exhaustion levels I feel I am positive is because the pain levels I am at all the time make it impossible for me to have a good night's sleep even though I am not aware of not having good sleep. The arm pain seems to be related to my joint in my shoulder, my mom is calling her joint surgeon person to see is he can figure out what's wrong. It causes what I think is severe nerve all through out my right arm, down to my thumb and ring,pinky fingers. Then it goes up the right side of my neck and after using my right arm enough it causes excruciating headaches through out the day. My lower spine issue I am positive is a disc issue but there will likely be nothing they can do for me.

But keeping up with orders for insects and everything else I do has become hard. I am barely shipping one order a week. I just want to scream in frustration. My ability to do daily chores like cleaning cages is reduced hugely. After my using my arm (this also includes just using the computer or phone) for a couple hours causes me to be unable to my dominant arm for anything for the rest of the day. I am taking advil around the clock and then usually later in the day I add two extra strength tylenol on top of that. I have also resorted to taking oxycodon like percocet when it becomes bad enough. I have a high pain tolerance, since I have had my spinal issue for 5+ years and rarely take pain meds. But the nerve pain is spreading and it is one pain that I just can't ignore. I just want to cry.

Seen a chiropractor, done some of the more innovative chiropractic care stuff with lasering and EPM stuff. It didn't do anything for long term relief and honestly only helped for a week at most, I didn't show any signs of improvements in the ways they expected. I am currently during professional massages and acupressure but haven't tried acupuncture yet. I need to make some more essential oil vapes to help the nerve pain, they are honestly the only thing that helps. And I don't take enough oxy I think that it's possible for me to get addicted. Even when I have it at my disposal to use whenever. I just don't like being tired after taking a single pill because it stops me from getting stuff done. The emotional stuff passes and I have learned ways to deal with it. Sometimes venting helps hugely. But the chronic physical pain that only seems to get worse and I get no relief from anymore is something I can no longer ignore. Especially when it makes my right arm useless through more than half the day. I need to currently look at my essential oil collection and see if I have any specific types that will help a lot with the nerve pain and spasms. I think the constant pain and the constant inability to do things because of the pain causes the anxiety and depression to be worse as well.

Clary Sage

Vetiver

Skull Cap
Passion Flower

Wintergreen

Lavender

Eucalyptus

Chammomile

This is my new set up for my pain relief and anxiety relief. It should help. Will start a couple for steeping tomorrow.

I hope you find some relief in something. I can only make two suggestions from my dealings with pain management. 1. Be careful of the medicines - rebound headaches are real and will add a whole other issue to your problems. They can be caused by as little as using pain meds twice per week. It can take up to 6 months with no meds to get clear of rebound head issues. 2. CBD Oil may help a little. It is legal to ship to all states. It has helped me a little while none of my essential oils have. I take 6 drops under the tongue twice per day. It may help with stress and help you sleep. It is very expensive but worth a try IMO.

https://www.cwhemp.com/cannabinoid-hemp-oil-cbd-supplement-everyday-advanced
This site has good quality oil and helpful resources to contact.

Constant pain is no fun. I do hope you find some relief. From what you've described, I'm not sure if a TENS unit would help you or make things worse. . .

Deb

Didn't realize you are in CA. You can probably get a stronger tincture that also has some level of THC in it - from what I've heard, that can give much greater relief for anxiety and sleep. I can't get that in NJ, so I don't know of any reputable sources to obtain it.

And also, please don't think I am being "preachy" when I talk about taking too much medicine. When I'm in pain, I'll drink gasoline if my doc told me it would help. I get it. It's just something to keep in mind.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this, I don't want to post anything against the rules, but an herb called kratom(is legal) works well for me. It works similar to painkillers, but is natural, won't OD from it, has health benefits, and doesnt give you the hangover feeling opiates do, unless you take far too much... I've had a few surgeries and took my share of pain pills from them. Now I don't go near them. Everyone's different though and I know people that responsibly use them which sounds like you do.

Kratom can be habit forming and can be addicting, but nothing close to opiate addiction.

The pain has gotten a bit more manageable as long as I stay on top of some things. I also now have a tens unit that helps some. It's allowed me to get some minimal things done today but it's more than I have gotten done in weeks. And with some help from @Longhorn1234 I was able to be less hard on myself, and be happy for what I was able to do. I made some enclosures for three new spiders I have coming. See one completed enclosure below and one that is partially finished. I managed to finish one and get close to finishing the other two.
K. Arizonica Homes.jpg

I also was able to finish several treat orders,one local, one I shipped.

Also something that just generally always lifts my spirits. The invertebrates are blessing me with little ones. I have a couple brand new hatched stick insects after mimicking more rainfall to encourage more hatching. I have three egg sacs from my spiders and one was just laid, from my beautiful spotted orb weaver. I saw a mama isopod give birth. And I have seen one of my female dubia go into contractions tonight which means of the next 48 hours in I know my colony well probably 4 other heavily pregnant females will as well. Little ones coming into my life in all shapes and sizes always makes me smile no matter what's going on.

Those enclosures are looking great! Can't wait to see some pictures of the new spiders in their enclosures once they arrived.

It's great to hear your invertebrates have lifted up your spirit. I think I can speak from all of us here in the forums that our pets (reptiles or insects, or any other animal) are always there to cheer us up

So I have been working on mostly self care today after rebounding the spiders and just normal daily animal care. The new addition to my self care routine has been my tens unit. It has become extremely important and reduced my pain medication needs by half already. I otherwise just use the tens when needed, my vape and either ice or heat. It doesn't make the pain disappear but makes the pain to the point where.... I can ignore it easier and that's all I need.

So glad you are finding some relief! My husband lives in pain, every day. He had a terrible car accident in 2004, and now has 2 artificial knees and an artificial hip which has been taken out and put back in 3 times due to MRSA infections. So even though I have a different perspective, I have been through many of the same things as you are dealing with. I, myself, suffer from pretty severe psoriatic arthritis and there isn't anything I can do because of trying to get pregnant. :oops:

So glad you are finding some relief! My husband lives in pain, every day. He had a terrible car accident in 2004, and now has 2 artificial knees and an artificial hip which has been taken out and put back in 3 times due to MRSA infections. So even though I have a different perspective, I have been through many of the same things as you are dealing with. I, myself, suffer from pretty severe psoriatic arthritis and there isn't anything I can do because of trying to get pregnant. :oops:

Does electrotherapy help at all with arthritis? It should be safe with pregnancy though I am not positive.

I was finally able to wake up this morning and not feel... like I hadn't slept at all. Though I am still tired I don't feel the exhaustion levels I have felt the last few weeks and the pain levels are definitely down compared to these last few months. I think it will be several days still until I can say I don't feel tired. But at least I am getting there. Hope on the horizon. Honestly the chronic pain has been there for 4+ years, but it has never been this bad, usually it's rather easy to ignore and work through. Which I know is probably a bit worrisome, considering I call my usualy chronic pain levels an 8 and then when it hits levels I can't cope with it's 10 because it's crippling and I can't move.

Yup. That's what my husband says too. He keeps moving and pushes through, no matter what the consequences. He also suffers from chronic sleeplessness and depression. For me, I hate electricity. That is one of my only true fears -- electrocution. I know it's impossible, but it's a deeply rooted fear that I can't shake. So electrotherapy isn't really an option for me. Like my husband and you, I just push through, because I know that the reward will be far greater than the pain I must deal with. I have been living with PsA since my late teens/early twenties. It sucks. But it's just life, for me.

Andee,

I was going to suggest the THC oils as well, try them... it helps. I only it was legal here in TX

Just last month I celibated the 10 year anniversary of my motorcycle accident.

28 reconstructive surgeries
6 months flat in my back in the hospital
4 months of rehab learning how to all again

I fully understand your pain, lack of sleep, and unwillingness to take a bunch of narcotics.

Do yourself a favor and try the THC oils. It's legal where you are. I have to buy mine in the back market or buy weed from someone and melt it down to make cookies.

If I try THC I have to get a medical card so that I can get high CBD oil and low THC. THC causes massive anxiety attacks in me.

Andee I feel so sad for you! I have extreme asthma, and have had trouble breathing for months, as a result of the fires up here in Montana. but I have the option to stay inside where it is a lot better! I wish I had ideas for you, but since I don't, do try some of the things suggested by people here. Also try to make sure you have a Dr. who is willing to look at all the alternatives that are available. That can be a really big issue! Hugs and hope!

Andee you do not need to get a medical card . CBD (Cannabidiol) is derived from legal Hemp you can go to any local shop they carry different brands flavors etc they even have some vape cbd i believe. ebay/amazon sell isolates 99%isolates about $35 a gram. Copy and paste the link if youd like to find contact best of luck in your recovery

https://domainbigdata.com/hotmail.com/mj/MWijao321gHbwfs36GhINA

Back
Top Bottom