Banded cricket life span?

andy27012

in preparation for my new guy I'm trying to figure out how many crickets I should order at once. To start out I plan to purchase locally but at fourteen cents a piece to determine best size but it doesn't make sense to not at least try banded crickets. My question is how long do they live, I want to order as many as makes sense so I pay as little shipping per animal as possible.

Found it, the entomology department for the university of Florida lists it as eight to twelve weeks from egg to death.

If they are properly taken care of my banded crickets easily last 4-6 weeks. They would probably live longer than that but at that point I used them all for food. I buy 1000 at a time.

I buy 500 at a time, medium size and they last me two months with little to no die offs.
Ditto. I buy them from eBay for $16 to $17 shipped free, and hold at the local PO for pickup [so they will guarantee all alive]. Throw them in a 10 gal fish tank with a screen on top, and add veggies, fruits and water [in a sponge cup].

I get mine off ebay as well $22, shipping including but I don't have the post office hold them. I get them delivered right to my door. I always wonder what the mail lady must think when I'm getting crickets, hornworms, and meal worms all in one day.

Back
Top Bottom