Banana roaches in stock?

Lathis

Chameleon Enthusiast
I'm on the hunt for a place with banana roaches in stock (or am willing to buy a small batch from someone). Can anyone point me in the right direction? Everywhere I have checked are all out of stock.

The Roach Crossing has some in stock. That's where I got mine from. He is a great guy to deal with. I can't say enough good things about Green Banana Roaches. They are easy to keep and breed like crazy! My chams LOVE them.

Just ordered some from The Roach Crossing. Next time I order silkworms, I'll try to order some from Coastal Silkworms, as well. Hopefully, my picky little eater will like them.

Thanks all!

Hey Lathis,

I have been trying to get some of these to and can't get a response from the guy at roach crossing - what web site did you go to?? No one else seems to have them.

Thanks

Andy

Man, I really want to start a banana roach colony...

I'd like to get a hold of the Giant Banana Roaches. Did you happen to order those? From what I remember, there are two types of banana roaches.

They're absolutely awful. They're small, quick, can climb, and can fly. If you hold them with your hand their legs prick/irritate your skin. I don't know why you wouldn't pick something else honestly.

They're absolutely awful. They're small, quick, can climb, and can fly. If you hold them with your hand their legs prick/irritate your skin. I don't know why you wouldn't pick something else honestly.

because chamelons love them:D

I thought I would give them a try. My Jackson's is probably the pickiest eater ever. My isopods aren't big enough yet, but the dude can't live on crickets and flies alone. I'll probably use tongs with the roaches. It might be a big mistake, but we will find out the hard way :)

Update: Green Banana Beetles...the Revenge!

So...my "eastern green banana beetles" were a bust. They didn't thrive and all died out very quickly. I put the bucket in the bug room (spare bathroom tub), didn't clean it out because I was feeling lazy and forgot all about it. That was early July...

This morning, I found a gorgeous green "beetle" (yes, those are finger quotes - the hubby is very nervous about having roaches in the house) fluttering about in the bathroom. WTH, I say to myself. I check the bucket and, lo-and-behold, I have maybe a dozen near-adult nymphs! No food, totally desiccated substrate, kept at only room temperature for at least 3 months... surprisingly hardy little buggers!

Of course, I was leaving town for work. When I get back on Wednesday, I'll start taking proper care of them...including sealing the bucket better :D

check the classifieds here on the forums yet?
I got some nice ones from nick barta who has an ad there a week or two ago...

So...my "eastern green banana beetles" were a bust. They didn't thrive and all died out very quickly. I put the bucket in the bug room (spare bathroom tub), didn't clean it out because I was feeling lazy and forgot all about it. That was early July...

This morning, I found a gorgeous green "beetle" (yes, those are finger quotes - the hubby is very nervous about having roaches in the house) fluttering about in the bathroom. WTH, I say to myself. I check the bucket and, lo-and-behold, I have maybe a dozen near-adult nymphs! No food, totally desiccated substrate, kept at only room temperature for at least 3 months... surprisingly hardy little buggers!

Of course, I was leaving town for work. When I get back on Wednesday, I'll start taking proper care of them...including sealing the bucket better :D

that´s sound good :D

The Roach Crossing has some in stock. That's where I got mine from. He is a great guy to deal with. I can't say enough good things about Green Banana Roaches. They are easy to keep and breed like crazy! My chams LOVE them.

could you please tell us how do you keep yours:)

cool, how did you gutloaded them? or what did you use to feed them?

did you mixed the water crystals in the soild? :O

I mixed the water crystals in with all the substrate. I add water as needed - which isn't too often.

I feed once a week and gutload with something a little bit different each week - at least two of the following: butternut squash, acorn squash, apples, dandelion leaves, turnip greens, collard greens, mustard greens, romaine, and/or escarole. I just pile a bunch of food on top of the substrate and cork bark. I don't use feeding dishes.

Deb

Back
Top Bottom