banana cham!

unbreakable

blue bars and red bars are so old hat! check out the white bar =)

Attachments

• panther pictures 075.jpg
    panther pictures 075.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 262
Aww! What a beautiful panther you've got! He's just gorgeous! :D Which part of England are you from? (I'm from England too!)

thanks, i live near gatwick airport, i often make trips to IOW though, i have a silly friend that is in camphill! cant all be good though =)

cant quite explain what is going on with him, ive not seen another like it, he was sold to me as a piccasso and was originaly bright orange.

Wow, I agree, what fantastic colouring. Im interested in panthers, but as I'm a new chamelemum.... I started with two yemens five months ago, and they are doing fine, feeding well and growing fast. But next time will be getting a panther. I'm in Banbury uk.:)

Last edited:
Unbreakable

It's usually what you see with a little bit of heat stress. Not saying that was the situation when photographed, but going very light, or "washed-out" or "bleached", is a potential that many panthers have, especially Ambilobes. We have seen non-heat-stressed animals go bleached for weeks, and sometimes months, at a time, then return to more expected color schemes. Don't know what triggers it when it isn't the heat. My take is that your animal is going to have some great colors when it comes back to earth :)

cant be heat related in england lol, thanks for the incite though, may pay some close attention to his diet, thanks =)

....Well actually it could be heat related in England. It isn't the temperature outside that dictates what the temperatures are in your enclosure. (Not to say that your temperatures are the problem, just pointing out that your location doesn't make any difference) I'm in a place where it hasn't been above freezing in the last two months and I manage to keep my basking spots regulated.

He is a pretty guy! But I'm going to agree with Jim and say that his colors are temporarily washed out.

im pretty sure its nothing to do with temperature as i have a number of other panthers and also he has thermostats, i can understand why you would think that though.

Back
Top Bottom