Bamboo frame

tkouz

Hey everyone, I just joined this forum, seems like lots of good info, But I always use experience as info, rather than just info that comes from Ideas.

Anyways, I have a male and a female ambilobe, I built a bamboo frame on the inside of thier cages, this way I can hang all types of plants, and vines, and it also gives them more limb to grab on too.

The reason why I came up with this Idea is because I saw them climbing on the screen, especially on the roof, and the corners.

once I built the bamboo frame, they started to climb the bamboo instead of the screen.

Tell me what you think!!

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 328
i like.

but i guess you'd have to build it inside the cage...kind of like one of those ships in a bottle..

I've read a lot that live bamboo can be problematic, is dried and cut bamboo perfectly safe?

It is totally safe. I use the dry bamboo that they sell at home depot, I have had it for months in my baby veild chameleon cage, and had no ill effects like mold or fungus growth from misting... just cut to size and zip them up with zip ties... I built this one outside the cage.

it is the most simple, yet most effective Idea I have had for decorating my cage.

If anyone has any better Ideas, I would like to get some input...

BTW, it is a great place to mount your fogger/mister nozzles... :-0

It is totally safe. I use the dry bamboo that they sell at home depot, I have had it for months in my baby veild chameleon cage, and had no ill effects like mold or fungus growth from misting... just cut to size and zip them up with zip ties... I built this one outside the cage.

it is the most simple, yet most effective Idea I have had for decorating my cage.

If anyone has any better Ideas, I would like to get some input...

BTW, it is a great place to mount your fogger/mister nozzles... :-0

The bamboo frame seems like a really cool idea to me. Has anyone used bamboo successfully? Seems like it's a great way to convince chams to stay off the screen more. The only concern I could think of is if a cham may bite it for whatever reason & bamboo splinters poking the cham in the eye, etc. But, that seems like a long shot.

Nice setup tkouz!

That depends on the species chameleon and your individuals chameleons personalities. My panthers used to cruise all day long while others chameleons would hang out on one tree most of the day and only cruise minimally.

That's an awesome idea. I was just thinking about something like this the other day, in fact, but your idea looks better!

To use bamboo poles as pathways to free ranging chameleons make sure your chameleons have got good nails with out any nail loss. If not bamboo poles can be a bit slippery.

I'm currently in the middle of building a greenhouse for my chameleon, I will have fogger misters installed, the greenhouse will me made of PVC pipe, screen, and corrugated pannels. Coolest part is that it will connect to my window, so I can take him from his cage open the window, and now he in his greenhouse.

I will use plenty of bamboo from basking spots to shady places and such.

When it comes to providing a natural environment for your Cham, you are only limited by your imagination, and some $ ofcourse.

Back
Top Bottom