Bamboo and yarn?

Grasshopper

So I have her bamboo in her cage I've sanded a bunch of it and skinned the top layer off to make it a little rough for grip. I've seen people using rope in thier enclosures was wondering if it would be okay to wrap the bamboo with yarn? Wrapping as in like how you would with a vine.

mmmmm nope... Not a good idea. Bacteria and getting nails caught in it are the two worries that stick out to me with this idea. How are you trying to use it like to create a frame? If so use zip ties and just use two in an X pattern around what your latching together. :)

Never thought of glueing dirt to them. I just want to help her keep grip. What about modge podge? For the glue.
I would stick with the clear silicone 1 make sure it is the 1 not the 2. This is aquarium safe thereby it is safe for your cham.

Girlllll if you could see everything I zip tie. Zip ties and duct tape make my world go round LOL

Oh, I have no doubt! I use sooooo many zipties, twist ties, duct tape, Gorilla glue... Benny's first cage was a Frankenstein monster composed of two old bird cages strapped together with zipties and a prayer! :LOL:

But yeah. Modge podge is a nontoxic three in one craft glue/sealer/finish. I'm not sure how well it'd hold up in the long run, though... I really like aquarium grade silicone.

Oh, I have no doubt! I use sooooo many zipties, twist ties, duct tape, Gorilla glue... Benny's first cage was a Frankenstein monster composed of two old bird cages strapped together with zipties and a prayer! :LOL:

But yeah. Modge podge is a nontoxic three in one craft glue/sealer/finish. I'm not sure how well it'd hold up in the long run, though... I really like aquarium grade silicone.
Awwww Benny. Love me some Benny Bird! My mom makes fun of my because I found a huge package of zip ties on amazon that have like 6 different sized diameters and lengths. Yeah so what I ordered them a second time. Like I don't have a zip tie issue... Not at all. I just find they work for EVERYTHING. Cham cage, organize cords, hooking cloth to my daughter's pet rat cage ladders.. Heck I am sure I could do curtain tie backs! :p

Back
Top Bottom