Ball python

zarikelly19

Hello, hoped on here for a second opinion about my ball pythons tank. I’ve been in multiple facebook groups and read their guides. This is what I gathered from them. If anyone could point any mistakes or changes I should make that would be great! Also pictures of other tanks would be wonderful too. Thank you!

image.jpg

I think I have the same brand tank(s) as you for our ball pythons - except mine are the model that open from the front. What do you have in the fixtures - one basking lamp and a heat element? Are you using any under tank heat? Finally, what are you doing for humidity - 30% is low, but could just be a snapshot between hydration.

I think I have the same brand tank(s) as you for our ball pythons - except mine are the model that open from the front. What do you have in the fixtures - one basking lamp and a heat element? Are you using any under tank heat? Finally, what are you doing for humidity - 30% is low, but could just be a snapshot between hydration.
I have a 120w che heat lamp and a heat pad as of right now. I have no clue why the humidity is low, so do you have any suggestions for better humidity? I will be putting a little of water in my bedding because i’ve read that works.

My experience has been that you CAN manage the humidity by misting the bedding, however; it requires constant attention and multiple mists per day. I ended up getting a humidifier and piping it into the lid. I simply adjust the frequency, strength, and duration of the foggings (settings on the unit) until I find the avg. humidity is where I want it.

Back
Top Bottom