Bad skin problem!!

wynne95

We only got this male chameleon about 3 weeks when we got him he had a small scab like thing on the top of his tale we asked the man in the shop what it was and he said it was just dry skin and it will come off in his next shed and in 3 weeks it has developed into this!!!! Anybody know what it is cause is doesn't look like a burn anymore to me! I have tried to attach a photo wether you can see it I don't know thanks.

I am on my iPhone I am not sure how to put photos on I did it as a attachment but doesn't seem to be working

I have not got my laptop Atm ill try post them tomoz. But it has got massive , like something is eating away at his tale and its all scabby white and black scabs. It looks as though its tightening round his tale and eating away at him
Getting bigger and bigger

Sounds like shed got stuck around the tail, and now circulation has been cut off.

you need a vet.

I am going to take him just needed to see if anybody knew what it was its worrying me and he seems to shed fine tho is there any chance of stopping this and do you know what the vet will do? And would he lose his tale? Thanks

I just saw the pic in your gallery. That is way far up his tail, way to far to not be a big problem. I would see a vet ASAP. Poor little guy, he looks awful.:(

Do you still think its a shed problem? We have only has him a couple if weeks the guy at the shop said it would come of on his next shed and now it has turned into this!! I will be ringing them an making a very bad complaint!!

Welcome to the forums and so sorry about your little guy. His tail looks bad. Please get him to the reptile vet right away. That is not a shedding problem. Where do you live? I might be able to help you find a good vet.

You can post from your iPhone I do it all the time.
Go to manage attachments and when the screen loads- click on chose file then it will pop up options and from there click- "chose existing" then pick your photo. It will come back to the main forums attachment screen then on the right hand side click upload. Once it's uploaded click "close window" at the top and it will bring you back to the first page you were on and you can see the attachment has worked and then just submit reply

I have just read some reviews on the shop were we got the chameleon from. It was a place in Manchester and loads of people have brought pets from there before and they have died and done nothing about it!! Feeling like **** right now my poor little chameleon I have good mind to report them!!

I would call them, tell them the spot the cham had when you bought it has gotten much worse, would they rather you return it for your money back or pay the vet bill and you will keep the cham. Talk to the owner or manager. Write down who you talked to and when. If you know it write down the day you bought your cham, what you were told and who sold it to you.

If you get no help from the shop, call the local Better Business, animal rescue/control (not sure who to report it to in your area) and go to Fauna BOI (board of inquiry) and tell what they did for anyone to see.

If it is a chain store call the head office.

Let me know how the vet visit goes. I hope you can get him in very soon.

Back
Top Bottom