Bad idea?

gold90

so i have a 3 month old baby sambava panther ... i keep him in a cage most of the time but i have this pretty big mini pal tree like 3 feet tall with 5 appendages and i let him sleep on it at night for a little them put it away is it a horrible idea to let him stay there over night or do you think hell dip out ??? he just looks so comfy lol

when he is already alseep just leave im there, waking a cham just to move him is just a lose-lose situation....you get them really stressed and you move them in an already "comfty area"....maybe next time to put him in his cage before his bedtime.

qick question...he doesnt sleep during the day does he? sleeping during the day is a sign of illness, no naps, but if you mean close to nighttime than you should be fine.

nahh hes active all day he eats about 20 crickets a day 15 sometimes calicium with d3 from exo terra every other feeding misting 3 times a day with uvb and basking light with a couple hours of natural daylight as well ;)

thats good....idk if your joking or not about the "eating 20 crix 15x a day" but if it seems like that then maybe up the size of cricket so you only feed 10-15 crix one time a day everyday until he gets near a year old:)

and use the calcium with d3 sparingly like a few times a month, but get calcium without d3 for most feedings and also a multivitamin(2-3x times a month.

show pics of your guy as he matures...they grow up fast!:D

From what I've read, and from my experience, they are good sleepers. If it's dark and he's asleep, I don't think you have to worry about him. He'll be exactly where you left him when you get up.

Parents of human babies would pay thousands to have them sleep as well as our chameleon babies do.

Questions...is he warm enough during the day when he's out of his cage so he will be able to digest the insects? Is he getting any UVB? Water?

Back
Top Bottom