bad eggs

scerbz

Well, i have several questions about bad eggs. I had a large batch of veileds just hatch, and down to a handful left, 3 of which are yellow no veins. Id assume these are no good. I also have a couple that veins are present, but not as big a lump in the bottom. Id assume to wait and see upon those right? This is my first batch to hatch. I also having more than half a dozen chams, have more eggs. Some of which have strange "lines" or "cracks" on the shell surface, with no veins at almost a month and a half. I remember the veileds taking a while to show their veins, and these are panthers, so not sure if there is a difference. Also panther eggs are smaller than the veileds, but they are still nowhere near as tiny as when laid. I guess since im just learning, i want to figure out how to id whats what and didnt find much under search. Thanks in advance for all the helpful info.

Never (EVER) throw away unmolded eggs. I have a four or five now from that a clutch that hatched months ago. Just nature. You can move them to a smaller tray, if needed. They should hatch, eventually. They just may not be of the quality of the first ones to hatch.

Candling can be tricky for some people. I have glaucoma and cataracts (beginning stages), so it is hard for me to see great detail. Moldy, sunken in, bursted, etc.. eggs are usually a definite bad one, but if it looks somewhat intact, best to just wait. They can crack, get brown spots, or weird looking circles on them, etc as they mature.

The cracks were what made me nervous, but ill wait it out. I have 90some eggs in the incubator with 2 more sets on the way

Back
Top Bottom