BackGround Decor

like this

bark_lrg.338143038.JPG

Wow, those are really cool! I'm looking to do the same but I was thinking of maybe http://www.txtr-lite.com/ which came recommended from another member.

There is a Minor Imperfections area to purchase from. Just a thought. :D I'm still thinking about it myself! I really like what you found though too! Hmmm lol

LOL THANKS!! i really want to hook this up lol

Just be careful, anything porous is going to house bacteria and what not and with the amount of water we mist our chameleons with, it will grow fast.

I am going to set up a couple of vivariums here in the next month and have been looking at finding a good background that won't have issues. I imagine those wood ones are going to be a nightmare to clean.

Just be careful, anything porous is going to house bacteria and what not and with the amount of water we mist our chameleons with, it will grow fast.

I am going to set up a couple of vivariums here in the next month and have been looking at finding a good background that won't have issues. I imagine those wood ones are going to be a nightmare to clean.

It is possible to seal them with some sort of spray, so they are easier to clean?

It is possible to seal them with some sort of spray, so they are easier to clean?

This is just all in theory from me. But I imagine if you have one of those mini steam cleaners, that could definitely help get rid of the bacteria, but with some of those walls, I doubt it would get everything for sure. Plus you would have to clean it constantly. I don't think it's worth the trouble.

I suppose you could try a polyurethane seal (there are spray kinds). But it will discolor the wall and unless the holes fill in completely, bacteria might still find a way.

I do see the exo-terra type backings in a lot of vivariums, but am unsure if the people using them know how much bacteria they can house. For all I know they do clean them constantly, but I doubt it.

Some of those rock ones would probably be ok or the tile ones. I might try some peal and stick tile on some type of backing. Some of the tiles look pretty neat.

I loved my TXTR-LITE panel. I work in the construction industry, and saw them at a tradeshow and that's why I decided to try it out. It's natural stone and fiberglass, so it doesn't absorb anything. It's easy to wipe down or toss in the shower. Super light and flexible, so it was really easy to install. I bought a "minor imperfection" panel that has a tiny scratch and a chipped edge - useless for architectural finishes but perfectly fine for my uses.

I was going to make a custom foam faux rock background for Ferdinand's new giant enclosure, but I'm feeling lazy, so I am actually going to buy more TXTR-LITE panels to make the backdrop. The RepliScapes are awesome though - I love the Angkor Wat stone wall, which is almost exactly what I wanted to do with the foam.

I emailed the company how happy I was with their product for my cham enclosure, and they actually emailed me back to say thanks :)

Last edited:
Rustolem never wet is a great product for waterproofing. Just allow a lot of time for drying and so you are not putting toxic chemicals into the chams cage.

Back
Top Bottom