Back spine on my cham has changed.

Appak

IMG_0413.JPG IMG_0414.JPG IMG_0415.JPG
Cham - Male veiled, about 3 years old.
He loves to be handled.
I feed him super worms, crickets, locusts, but he's not eating very much.
He drinks from a dripper, but i rarely sees him actually drinking from it.
He has a okay size enclosure, but he spends most time on top of it.
UVB lightning is from Exo terra - ( UVB 100) 15 W

So after i went on a holliday for a week, i went to the vet to pick him up.( They take care of your chameleon's by payment)
When i got home i realised that his back has somehow "bend", or atleast maybe have twisted a little? As you can see from the picture, it's not all pointing upwards and i don't know what this means.
Does any of you know what's wrong, if even something is wrong?

Can you fill out the help form so we have a better idea of the husbandry? And another question I have is...the Vet that took care of your chameleon while you were on vacation, do you know what they were doing for him? Usually MBD comes from a lack of proper supplementation and UVB.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/
Waiting for the form....

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Male veiled, had it for about 1 year
  • Handling - Everyday
  • Feeding - I feed him super worms, crickets, locusts, but he's not eating very much.
  • Supplements - Diafarm Multi vitamin, dusting weekly but not so often.
  • Watering - Dripper, and i mist a couple times a day, 3 - 4 times for 5 - 10 seconds, sometimes more. And i rarely see him drinking
  • Fecal Description - Not tested for parasite, yellow squishy, and solid brown
  • History -

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Screen cage tall exo terra 90x45x45
  • Lighting - UVB lightning is from Exo terra - ( UVB 100) 15 W - from 9am to 9pm
  • Temperature - I do not measure these temps, but since i've had him for a year without problems, i think it's okay. The lamp is from exo terra and is called exo terra sun glo, 25 W
  • Humidity - Humidity about 40, i measure it with a humidity meter, it depends how much i spray.
  • Plants - One live plant, umbrella plant
  • Placement - located at the center om my room, not fans or anything that would distract. not near a window. At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor = about 1.6 meter?
  • Location - Denmark

I don’t know what to think about him. I’ve seen something similar with another Chams spikes but it was fall related. You’ve got the correct UVB, how old is it? It’s really difficult for me to give you solid advice due to that odd multivitamin your using. I can’t see any vitamin sold for use in “birds and reptiles” being truly good for either of them. I’d start there, get the traditional supplement schedule going.

How is his grip strength and coordination? Any shaking?
Coordination is fine, and no shaking. He's not eating anything at the moment, and is pretty lazy aswell. Also what could i then give him for the suppliment? and how often? He is about 3 years old !

Back
Top Bottom