Back from vet -Sunshine Factor supplement?

lele

Avid Member
We just got back from the vet and he agrees that Cyrus is not showing any strong signs of URI but decided to put him on antibiotics anyway. Also fluids with VitB. He is so very lethargic and not himself. This is by far the worst I have ever seen him. It is like he crashed over the weekend and had been doing well after his surgery last month.

He also wanted to give him something called Sunshine Factor. I knew I had heard of it but unsure where and what. He said it is used for birds and felt it would be safe for herps. Thought he had used on some but could not be specific. I asked to bring it home and do my own research before giving it to him.

I found a few threads here but nothing too specific on it and online elsewhere not much either. The ingredient is simply organic red palm fruit oil. Anyone had experience with this product? Sunshine Factor. Do you think it is safe? I am not sure how much good it will do, but if it won't hurt him....

thanks,
lele

What is it supposed to do?

Edit: if your vet is experienced in chameleons and thinks it would be good, then I would listen to him. Maybe you can bring up reptaid also to see if he thinks it might be better? Maybe some probiotics and what not?

What is it supposed to do?

Edit: if your vet is experienced in chameleons and thinks it would be good, then I would listen to him. Maybe you can bring up reptaid also to see if he thinks it might be better? Maybe some probiotics and what not?

I linked in the first post (2x) to the site with info: Sunshine Factor

I also noted that my vet could not be specific about using it on herps. If he had, I would not have hesitated, that is why I came here. ;)

Yes, I have just emailed him with Reptaid info to see what he thinks, but as I said in the other thread I need to start him on something (thus, the baytril) as it will be several days before I can get any.

I have had Cy since he was just over 2 months and he is a quirky guy (neurological problem, has bounced back from unknown before but this is about the worst I have seen him :( URI does not seem to be dx.

thanks,
lele

Back
Top Bottom