Back burn? Fungi? Stuck shed?

SierraLee

Hi. I've been noticing my chameleons back spikes are not as pointy as the use to be. They have become duller and smaller looking. It's making his back look like it curves in a bit. Does anyone know what this is from? 20191203_150545_capture.jpg 20191203_150516_capture.jpg 20191203_150522_capture.jpg 20191203_150512.jpg 20191203_150600.jpg

Hi. I've been noticing my chameleons back spikes are not as pointy as the use to be. They have become duller and smaller looking. It's making his back look like it curves in a bit. Does anyone know what this is from?View attachment 252857View attachment 252858View attachment 252860View attachment 252861View attachment 252862
To tel you the truth, I can’t really tell. It might be from rubbing against the screen, or you might be right, and it’s a thermal burn. @Brodybreaux25 ?

My best guess is that this is heat related. I'd lower the basking temp if I were you. It doesn't look very bad at this point, but definitely keep an eye on it

Id say a burn from the blackness, but peeling and smaller appearance from the screen rubbing. It could be peeling from the burn though.

Burns, but what do I know? I’m not a vet.
You’re right, you are not. Can we move past this instead of you bringing it up in multiple threads just to irk certain people? You’re alienating members who don’t understand the pettiness that’s happening right now.

I don’t see significant evidence of a burn. Watch for swelling or oozing or change in color of the skin. It could just be too early to see the damage yet. If it doesn’t do any of those things though it should be okay.

I do catch him rubbing against the screen a bit but I'll trying a different heat bulb and hopefully it won't get any worse.

Back
Top Bottom