Back at it? Advice please :)

lindseymeder16

Hey all! Not sure if any of you remember me, but I use to come on here every single day a couple years ago. I owned a Veiled, Rango. :)
031-5.jpg

Since his passing I have ventured away from chameleons and moved onto the more desert like reptiles. Currently, I have 2 adorable female bearded dragons and one leopard gecko. I SO badly want to get another chameleon, though I am afraid that I won't have enough time for him.

I work about 35 hours a week and go to college full time as of this semester. Next semester (January 2015-May 2015) I plan on working 20-25 hours a week and will be going to school full time but the classes are much more challenging.

My question for you guys - Should I get another chameleon? I want to give him the best care that I can. I don't want to be irrational and buy a bundle of cuteness and then not have the time for him which is my biggest worry. I do remember Rango being "high maintenance". BUT he did have his own cage, a free range, and an outside playground... a little spoiled.

I already have the cage, lighting, a mist king, vines, the room to set him up in and plenty more. The only thing missing is the chameleon and some live plants. Money is not an issue for his care.

Rango passed away from kidney failure and I absolutely do not want that to happen again to a new baby.

How much time do you guys spend on your chams?

Hey!

I think it is very possible for you to care for a chameleon.

I have 19 hours this semester, and starting a new job and I have animals too.

You already have the experience so I think it is very doable.

Chase

Haha well it doesn't look like this thread is going to get much attention! ;) After some thought, i have decided to wait till around January-march to get a Panther Cham. That gives me plenty of time to get everything back up and ready. Till then ill be creeping on here to make sure my knowledge is up to date with the rest of you!

Thanks!

Also - Chase, 19 hours seems insane!! Im about to take on my first semester of 17 credit hours. Thanks for the advice!

I would wait till you are into your next semester routine, then decide if you really have the time you need to care for a cham. :)

I would wait till you are into your next semester routine, then decide if you really have the time you need to care for a cham. :)

I agree! I can remember how much time I spent just looking at the enclosure when I first brought home Zaphod, and I know that I would not be able to focus on school work! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom