Baby!

I didn't expect this, but just noticed the patter of tiny feet so I'm proud to introduce young Wayne:

He appears to be a male anyway, what do people think?

I have taken him out of the viv, he appears to have an appetite, eating springtails. I will try him with some tropical woodlice. Is it OK to keep him in the vivarium, I'm worried that dad might not appreciate that or is it still OK at this age?

wayne-2.jpg

I didn't expect this, but just noticed the patter of tiny feet so I'm proud to introduce young Wayne:

He appears to be a male anyway, what do people think?

I have taken him out of the viv, he appears to have an appetite, eating springtails. I will try him with some tropical woodlice. Is it OK to keep him in the vivarium, I'm worried that dad might not appreciate that or is it still OK at this age?

wayne-2.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

its always a joy when you find unexpected little ones :)

It appears to be a male, but fresh out of the egg sometimes thats hard to determine.

Thats great that he has an appetitie already, i feed small crickets, bean beetles and Fruit Flies to all mine.

I would move him out of the Viv and into his own small one. Dad could mistake him for a tasty treat :eek:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

its always a joy when you find unexpected little ones :)

It appears to be a male, but fresh out of the egg sometimes thats hard to determine.

Thats great that he has an appetitie already, i feed small crickets, bean beetles and Fruit Flies to all mine.

I would move him out of the Viv and into his own small one. Dad could mistake him for a tasty treat :eek:

I think he may be too large already for dad, he's about half an inch. I think he must have been in there quite a while, or are they born that big?

Anyway I have put him in a separate container with some springtails and tropical woodlice, I'm off to the shop to get a small viv and see if they have any fruitflies.

I will look into a new home for him as I presume he isn't going to get on with his dad once he's an adult. Or a teenager, if my 14 year old dis anything to go on.

I spoke too soon, we now have six babies. They all seem to be very happy, tucking into their fruit flies.

However I will need to find homes for the soon.

great looking little lizard .I don't know which south hampton you are from but if it is in new York I might be interested in 1 or 2 animals . I have had 1 hatch out already and I have 3 more eggs incubating .

Congrats! I am also in the UK - Isle of Wight, just across the water from you! It's always nice to see new UK people on here! I had a pygmy female given to me a couple of months back. I had her a week , then she laid 2 eggs and died a week later. One egg looked good but that didn't make it either. She died when we had that really hot spell in July :( Moving, laying and the heat just about finished her off, poor girl.

Congrats! I am also in the UK - Isle of Wight, just across the water from you! It's always nice to see new UK people on here! I had a pygmy female given to me a couple of months back. I had her a week , then she laid 2 eggs and died a week later. One egg looked good but that didn't make it either. She died when we had that really hot spell in July :( Moving, laying and the heat just about finished her off, poor girl.

Sorry to hear that.

I am just about thinking of finding new homes for these, let me know if you are interested. They all seem healthy, difficult to sex at the moment though.

Congratulations Peter, very nice.
Well in that group pic i can see what i believe to be two females & a male. The one in the center, nearest the camera, i can't tell, as i can't see it's tail. Small & stumpy, is female. Longer & slender male.

Thank you, but I won't be getting any more after my experience with Pygs!

I have also found them to be very frustrating to keep. I have/have had a number of animals, of four different species. Have lost a few very suddenly, seemingly in good health, feeding & active the day before finding them dead. Even two female temporalis i had housed together for close on a year. Came down a couple of weekends ago, to find one dead.
One common factor in all the ones i have lost, is keeping them in the same tank as pairs/trios.
Haven't yet (touch wood) lost an animal housed alone. Has convinced me there is something in this. I also know of another keeper that feels the same. Now house all mine individually.

Congratulations Peter, very nice.
Well in that group pic i can see what i believe to be two females & a male. The one in the center, nearest the camera, i can't tell, as i can't see it's tail. Small & stumpy, is female. Longer & slender male.

Yes, I had thought the same but they seem to have a habit of changing shape and appearance in an almost chamleonlike fashion :)

Back
Top Bottom