baby won’t eat

kogodogo

i have a juvenile panther chameleon, about three months old. he arrived on wednesday, and it’s now friday. he has a t8 light, an exo terra uvb light, and a zoo med heat light. his basking area is at 80, and he has lots of foliage to climb around in. i mist twice daily and he has a slow drip system.

when he first got here, he ate a couple crickets, and some more the next day. but since yesterday morning, he has refused to eat. i thought maybe he was just sick of crickets, so i tried wax worms, but he won’t eat those either. i haven’t been able to get him to drink either, and haven’t noticed him drinking anything.

he has also been shutting his eyes during the day, and i even caught him completely asleep yesterday during the day.

i absolutely love this little guy and would be devastated if i lost him, what could i do to help him? not sure if i should just step back from it for a while. and give him space while he adjusts. i’m scared to do that though because i want to make sure he’s okay. let me know any suggestions

The T8 fixtures do not put out uvb as far as a T5HO. Can you take pics of the entire enclosure lights down and tell me the exact distance from the T8 to the highest basking branch? I also need the strength of the UVB bulb you purchased 5.0, 10.0, 6%, or 12%.

the terrarium is somewhat small, it’s 30 inches high. the exact distance from the t8 to the highest basking branch is 4 inches, and the uvb bulb is 5.0

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 61
Ok at that distance the baby would be getting enough UVB but it would be on the lower side. Not bad for a panther though.
What are the size of the feeders? wax worms are all fat so not really a good nutrition source.
How are you feeding him? in a cup
Lights are on for 12 hours and off for 12 hours correct? No light or heat at night at all correct?
Can you add pics of baby and the bottom half of the enclosure as well?

Back
Top Bottom