Baby veiled sleeping 24/7?

I change out her dirt frequently. I’ll turn the light off, it kills the bills anyways. I got the D3 Calcium and 25 crickets, probably too many but I’ll put in about 5 or 6 in her bowl. I’m just afraid since she’s sleeping she won’t notcie they’re there:/
The dirt needs to be completely removed. They can accidentally ingest it while snapping up their feeder crickets and it can cause impaction. Also, never put crickets in their enclosure at night after they're already asleep. Feed them to her in the morning after her lights are on for the day. You are I only supposed to use the calcium with D3 twice a month. She needs the crickets to be dusted in calcium WITHOUT D3 every feeding. Did you get her a linear T8 or T5 UVB light also? She needs a regular Basking light as well as the UVB light both to be used simultaneously during the day. 12 hours on, 12 hours off. My boy's enclosure is on a timer that comes on at 8am and shuts off at 8pm. If I need to go into my room while he's asleep, his enclosure is covered so the bedroom light doesn't wake him.

The dirt needs to be completely removed. They can accidentally ingest it while snapping up their feeder crickets and it can cause impaction. Also, never put crickets in their enclosure at night after they're already asleep. Feed them to her in the morning after her lights are on for the day. You are I only supposed to use the calcium with D3 twice a month. She needs the crickets to be dusted in calcium WITHOUT D3 every feeding. Did you get her a linear T8 or T5 UVB light also? She needs a regular Basking light as well as the UVB light both to be used simultaneously during the day. 12 hours on, 12 hours off. My boy's enclosure is on a timer that comes on at 8am and shuts off at 8pm. If I need to go into my room while he's asleep, his enclosure is covered so the bedroom light doesn't wake him.
I gave her new dirt. She stayed asleep, and I don’t feed her at night only during the day, she’s usually asleep during the night anyways. I got the t5 UVB light and I already have the basking one. Both on all day then off all night. I woke up today at 5am, I layed in bed for about half an hour then decided to go check on her. She had moved about an inch from where she was before and she was sprawled out on the ground not moving at all. She passed away. I feel like this is all my fault, I should’ve done better. I totally screwed up and I feel devastated about it

I change out her dirt frequently. I’ll turn the light off, it kills the bills anyways. I got the D3 Calcium and 25 crickets, probably too many but I’ll put in about 5 or 6 in her bowl. I’m just afraid since she’s sleeping she won’t notcie they’re there:/
Remove the dirt. It does not matter if you change it out. That is not the concern if she eats it she will block up her intestines and die.
D3 calcium is ONLY given every 2 weeks. If you over supplement her with it she will get sick as well. You need Calcium without D3 for each of the other feedings. Make sure you are gutloading your crickets so she gets the nutrients from the gutload when she eats her crickets. Babies can eat 20 small crickets a day. Do not get bigger then small ones or they will be too big for her to eat. Don't feed at night only in the mornings after her lights come on. Get a timer for the lights. They should be on for 12 hours and no lights at all for 12 hours. :) Read the link to the care sheet it will help you.

I gave her new dirt. She stayed asleep, and I don’t feed her at night only during the day, she’s usually asleep during the night anyways. I got the t5 UVB light and I already have the basking one. Both on all day then off all night. I woke up today at 5am, I layed in bed for about half an hour then decided to go check on her. She had moved about an inch from where she was before and she was sprawled out on the ground not moving at all. She passed away. I feel like this is all my fault, I should’ve done better. I totally screwed up and I feel devastated about it
These are really delicate creatures. The pet stores do not tell people how much is involved, how expensive it is to do it right, how extensive your knowledge should be, or how fragile they are. You did good by finding this forum and unfortunately it was just too late for your little girl. You did try. You went and bought stuff yesterday after we talked. You tried to fix everything. But like I said they are very fragile animals with a ton of care needs that have to be met. When one thing is off it can cause them to pass very quickly. So do not take it as a situation where it was all your fault. The pet store is equally at fault for selling you all the wrong stuff and not giving you proper information. You did try and that is a lot more then most people do. And sadly this happens all too often.
I am very sorry for your loss. I was really hoping that we would be able to help you yesterday and we could turn it around before it came to this point.

These are really delicate creatures. The pet stores do not tell people how much is involved, how expensive it is to do it right, how extensive your knowledge should be, or how fragile they are. You did good by finding this forum and unfortunately it was just too late for your little girl. You did try. You went and bought stuff yesterday after we talked. You tried to fix everything. But like I said they are very fragile animals with a ton of care needs that have to be met. When one thing is off it can cause them to pass very quickly. So do not take it as a situation where it was all your fault. The pet store is equally at fault for selling you all the wrong stuff and not giving you proper information. You did try and that is a lot more then most people do. And sadly this happens all too often.
I am very sorry for your loss. I was really hoping that we would be able to help you yesterday and we could turn it around before it came to this point.
Thank you.. :(

Back
Top Bottom