BABY VEILED CHAMELEONS

LACUCALA

I have many questions... I am a newbie to the chameleon world... I have 4 baby veiled chameleons. Yoshi laid 24 eggs and only 4 hatched - 2 boys and 2 girls. The girls are very active and eat without a problem. and the boys are just the opposite. Im feeding them fruit flies. I've gone online to read up on all kinds of info on how to take care of them. A lot of info but some things just contradict. Solo is 4 wks old and Baby, Chica and Cami are 3 wks old. I've read that at the moment they dont need a heat lamp but uvb light which I have. Ive tried to feed them in a small bin so they can hunt but they just freeze up when they see the flies. So I took a dropper and I put the flies on a drop of water and the girls go and hunt that way. The boys just dont bother with anything.... The girls seem to be surviving this stage but my boys worry me... ANY ADVISE will be greatly appreciated.

Can you post a pic of your set up?
Do you feed all 4 together? The girls may be more dominant and that’s why the boys aren’t eating?

20200921_154425.jpg
THIS IS HOW I TRAVEL WITH THEM SINCE I AM A NERVOUS NELLY ABOUT THEM. I BRING THEM TO WORK WITH ME.. LOL.. IVE READ THAT WHEN YOU FEED THEM IT SHOULD BE KEPT AT THE SAME TIME DAILY WHICH I TRY. SO THAT WHY I HAVE THEM IN THIS SMALL ENCLOSURE AND YES THEY ARE ALL HOUSED TOGETHER. LIKE I SAID IM NEW TO THIS SO IM SURE IM DOING THIS ALL WRONG... ALL ADVISE WILL BE SO WELCOMED

Maybe traveling with them is stressing the boys out along with being with the girls. I would look into getting them in a bigger bin too. It looks like there is bark at the bottom? If so I would remove it and just use paper towels. I hatched 3 And had them together for a couple months but they had plenty of places to hide and hunt for food without running into each other. I had a large sterilite bin with 2 Pothos in it and some wooden dowels. My T-5 light was hanging above. I left some links below to reference too. Just my thoughts, I’ll tag some more members that have experience with the babes. @kinyonga @Reptofreak @jannb
6631B6CF-0DAB-4742-8FA5-6427C6BD098D.jpeg

https://www.chameleonforums.com/posts/1561607/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-with-young-veiled-or-panther-chameleons.325/

So sorry to hear you lost one today. You need to give them more space and more branches.

What kind of wood is the bark?
Did you wash the plant well...both sides of the leaves?

What's the temperature in the bin?

Back
Top Bottom