Albula

Attachments

• DSC04267.JPG
    DSC04267.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC04268.JPG
    DSC04268.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 273
Darnit! I was going to name my next chameleon either Valspar or Roger (maybe Ragnar).

You took my idea :p

He is a cutie. I suggest investing in a cheap, little cage that's made of screen.

Thanks, Bought two screened enclosures before I bought him. Bought one that is 16x16x30 and one that is 18x18x36. He came in this screened makeshift bin(pict.) when I bought him and he is eating like a champ in it. I've not had him very long. I'm afraid to move him into another enclosure right now while he is doing so well.

Thanks, Bought two screened enclosures before I bought him. Bought one that is 16x16x30 and one that is 18x18x36. He came in this screened makeshift bin(pict.) when I bought him and he is eating like a champ in it. I've not had him very long. I'm afraid to move him into another enclosure right now while he is doing so well.

I'd give him a week or two. The bin looks fine for that long.

Set up the other two enclosures nice and good before you put him in.

You really Need to move him in the screen cage. That plastic is going to hold in the heat(even with the screen). Trust me on this, this is how I keep met crickets and it is gonna get might hot in there with the lights. What kind of lights are you using? What are your temps?

You really Need to move him in the screen cage. That plastic is going to hold in the heat(even with the screen). Trust me on this, this is how I keep met crickets and it is gonna get might hot in there with the lights. What kind of lights are you using? What are your temps?

I thought it was appropriate to keep babies in tubs for a while?

I thought it was appropriate to keep babies in tubs for a while?[/QUOT
If you search the threads for the baby bins, they usually do not have a lid with lights sitting on top shining down. Also, not sure if I would be using a compact uvb on a baby either. There have been some issues with lights being too strong. Also, I would seperate the uvb from the basking light. Have a basking light off to one side of the cage as to just heat up one small area.

Thanks for your concern. He pooped like a champ this morning and it showed no signs of orange. I'm afraid if I move him to the larger screened enclosure he will not find his food as easy and the forward progress we are making will tailspin. Thanks

Thanks for your concern. He pooped like a champ this morning and it showed no signs of orange. I'm afraid if I move him to the larger screened enclosure he will not find his food as easy and the forward progress we are making will tailspin. Thanks

You can do what you want. What are your temps? Humidity?

Ah okay.

In that case I would probably just follow carols advice and put the cham in your new screen cages when you have them set up

Ah okay.

In that case I would probably just follow carols advice and put the cham in your new screen cages when you have them set up

You were right in saying what you did, as people do use the bins, I should have clarified myself and stated about the lid and the lights. Not so much the uvb light(as the don't give off heat really) but the basking light sitting on the top like that can easily heat up that plastic.

You were right in saying what you did, as people do use the bins, I should have clarified myself and stated about the lid and the lights. Not so much the uvb light(as the don't give off heat really) but the basking light sitting on the top like that can easily heat up that plastic.

Maybe since babies require low heat, just maybe he/she could find a way to raise the basking light.

No need to be rude here. Trying to give you some advice in the best interest of your chameleon. And if you cannot take a little bit of fun in between, then maybe you are the one who should go away.

Back
Top Bottom